How come the most successful people usually are a$$holes and dikks?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Its not thier negative attitude that made them Successfull
This.

Like @CainsControl says there are alot of unsuccessful people that are a$$holes, there are alot of successful people that are nice and friendly. There's a certain level of approachability you have to have to garner success. You can't be some miserable anti-social woe is me let's throw a pity party for me type sociopath and be successful. You have to put a face on for the public you have to deal with. You have to hide your true feelings and opinions about certain matters and issues to yourself. You kind of have to be an actor and lie to people just to get their nod of approval. Once you get what you want and can work on your own terms, and have success doing so, you can afford to be an a$$hole to be arrogant to take risks, cause you have little to lose and more to gain in those circumstances, depending on what they are, other than that negativity in general is something to be avoided if you want to be successful.

Also success builds confidence....so some cockiness might be seen as that.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Also the amount of time that kind of person puts into his craft usually make them that way - to the point where they have no sympathy or understanding others who dont give that same above and beyond type effort in their lives.

I had a friend who worked in the ER with a really successful surgeon (allso known for being a$$holes) but he said that the doc would routinely give 20+ hours a day to his job. He was highly successful, intelligent and respected by all accounts but the nature and pressure of his job turned him into a pretty nasty personal disposition from what I heard. I cant imagine being a really successful CEO or athlete is much different.

With that said a lot of successful people arent a$$holes. I think how you deal with stress is a huge factor.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Not neccessarily. It's more so taking the opportunity to do something faster than someone else. Being timely. Having the resources and capital to do what somebody else wants to do.

Let's look at @The Nigerian and Mollywatr. Even if he had the idea first, he didn't trademark it, he didn't put it out in mass quantities for public consumption, he didn't patent it, he didn't register an LLC, he didn't take care of the legal side of things, etc. So someone who did....and had the money and resources to do all came along, saw dollar signs, and executed what he was trying to do successfully. Is that really screwing over someone if you're doing what someone else didn't have the ability to or drive to really do it the way it should be done?

This is why you keep ideas to yourself...and never share information unless you can capitalize off of it.

True and you are going to fukk over a lot of people . It's just the way it is

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
True and you are going to fukk over a lot of people . It's just the way it is
True. Ive been there in both instances I can respectfully say. Either others are cutting corners and fukking people over for money to use for their own goals/desires or they are just stealing ideas/products and claiming them as their own. Don't fukk over people too severely though cause it will come back to haunt you....whether through a class action lawsuit or an exposal on social media.

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
You can't be nice if you want to be successful. You can't have too many people in your corner taking food from your table when you're trying to eat yourself. You can't be too open to others and leave yourself vunerable to being taken advantage of.

Nothing wrong with being nice, but you can't be too nice. You basically have to learn how to be firm with others.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
They're the only ones bold enough to be just like "fukk it :manny:" and do what has to happen
THis is what it comes down to...when it matters...who wants to talk and who actually wants to walk?

Most people just don't have what it takes to progress from the talk stage to the walk stage. Sometimes I ghet disheartened by the coli cause there is more talking than walking but maybe there is some weird comfort in talking about problems and not having the desire to fix them? It's nice to do for daps and rep...recognize problems on an online forum...but when it comes down to it, the people who are actually taking control of the situation and have the drive to do so and they people that aren't are just of two different minds and bodies and come from different circumstances where they don't have the mental blocks others have that allow them to get stuff done while others stall.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One reason why I only want to work for myself in the end game....

I couldn't put up with some dikkhead for 20+ years (hell, even 20+ MINUTES) treating me like a dog just because he/she has money.....

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
This either or attitude is not accurate. there successful people who are nice but not push overs and know how to advocate for themselves and their business to ensure success.

For example bill gates. Very nice guy but successful.