How come Somalians don't think they're black?

BlackPower1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Hartford CT
I consider anybody "indigenous" to Africa or a descendent of the indigenous my people. Plus most Ethiopian ethnic groups and Somali's consider themselves Black from what I've witnessed. Only these internet trolls say otherwise. Half of em probably aren't even Somali. They just do it to get a rise out of people.

BlackPower1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Hartford CT
Total nonsense. Those terms are nothing but scientific racism used to separate Africans based on phenotype and claim African civilizations for cacs. Notice how they only use Caucasian for east and north Africa but not for the fulani people in west Africa who look like east Africans. It's nothing more than a lie used to steal African history. Also Ethiopians are not mixed for the most part.

#FACTS!

Prynce

Daps
Last edited:

BlackPower1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Hartford CT
I really don't see race when it comes to indigenous Africans. If you're African you're African, or of the diaspora.
Breh, you are quoting non sense from the 30's. That is outdated scientific racism. There is no such thing as causoid or negroid. Africans have diverse phenotypes but are all related.

Actually forensic scientists still use Biological anthropology and etc. Its still somewhat relevant especially identifying a decomposed body.

Prynce

Daps
I really don't see race when it comes to indigenous Africans. If you're African you're African, or of the diaspora.

Actually forensic scientists still use Biological anthropology and etc. Its still somewhat relevant especially identifying a decomposed body.
Breh, I didn't say people didn't use it for forensics I said that the link you have was non sense from the 30's and is completely different than today's forensics.

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise

It's a Con game Beth. They are Black Africans.

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Total nonsense. Those terms are nothing but scientific racism used to separate Africans based on phenotype and claim African civilizations for cacs. Notice how they only use Caucasian for east and north Africa but not for the fulani people in west Africa who look like east Africans. It's nothing more than a lie used to steal African history. Also Ethiopians are not mixed for the most part.
I don't understand. Just because cacs used racial differences in the past as a tool for justifying colonization does not mean classifying races by set of specific physical/DNA attributes is a flawed concept, or as you put it "nonesense". Disciplines such as forensic and physical anthropology still use these racial classes in a medical context today, so it would stand to reason they are more than scientific racism.

Prynce

Daps
I don't understand. Just because cacs used racial differences in the past as a tool for justifying colonization does not mean classifying races by set of specific physical/DNA attributes is a flawed concept, or as you put it "nonesense". Disciplines such as forensic and physical anthropology still use these racial classes in a medical context today, so it would stand to reason they are more than scientific racism.
Classifying race by physical standards is not reliable because many groups of people share physical traits but are not genetically related. For example the negritos of Asia look like central Africans but they are genetically Asian. Now you do have a point with DNA because genetic clusters matters in anthropology/biology and you have no argument from me there. The point I was making is that just because east African look slightly different does not mean they are not black, because they are. You can't really rely one phenotype when discussing race because it is based off of environment factors not on DNA which actually matters. Also terms like Caucasoid and Negroid are outdated because they separate people who are really related and connect people who have nothing in common.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

they have approximately 50% non-African ancestry. thats not a little.

Prynce

Daps
they have approximately 50% non-African ancestry. thats not a little.
Bullshyt, Ethiopia has 80 diverse ethnic groups that don't even have the same origin, so it is erroneous to say 50% of Ethiopians have non African ancestry. 50% of which ethnic group, is it amhara, omoro, afar or the other 77? I need some recites breh, because that is false. It seems somebody cherry picked a small Ethiopian population with non African ancestry and used that to describe all Ethiopians. Ethiopians are black Africans with small pockets in the northern cities who have Arab admixture and that is not the vast majority of Ethiopians.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Somalians are Cushytes...they have every right to embrace that over being "black" a socially constructed term created by Esau. Even Esau has tried to put them and Ethopians in the same group and say that they are Caucasian.

Since many of all y'all love using Esau's terms. Y'all should agree with this map.

HM-Hsr.jpg

elias1

Rookie
Daps
Can't people in this Forum leave us alone :why:.

OP Wtf do you mean by "Ethiopian"? Its not even an Ethnicity but a Nation that has everything from Nilotics, Cushytics, Omotics, Semitics. Most people in Somalia are obviously dark as hell considering the skin burning weather and diet. Even Temperate highland Northern Ethiopia (Tigray) with its cool and cold Climate compared to Afar and Somali on average looks like this
etioopia10.jpg

Somalis on genetic papers firmly and consistently cluster with individuals that are 45% Eurasian

1199px-Ala111Thr_allele_frequency_distribution0.png

PCA+global.png

Latest Genetics study and the samples were taken from Addis Ababa examining Shewa Amharas, Oromo Shewans (Shewa Oromos are Habesha mixed Oromos) and Somalis from South-West Ethiopia (Ogaden)

105r589.jpg

Some of you need to understand this, The whole of the Horn is predominantly populated by mixed people, VERY mixed people that are 40%-60% Eurasian!

We as a group, from Habesha to Afar to Oromo to Somali are very related. 5-10% Genetic differences and diversity between groups is mini-scale compared to the 90-95% we share together. Horn Africans are an ancient population that came through mixture but have now become a stabilized Sub-racial group similar to the people of the Indian Sub-Continent, North Africans, Central Asians etc

We have every right to identify as our own unique Sub-Racial group
. For your info, Horners are the only people in the whole of Africa who lack Niger-Congo mixture. Even modern Nilotics in South Sudan are up to 20% Niger-Congo (The African component of Somalis best fits Nilotics but their 20% Niger-Congo differentiates them from the original Nilotic-Like African ancestors of Horners), West Africa is the home of Niger-Congo, Bantu languages are the dominant languages in South-Eastern, South and Central Africa and virtually all North Africans carry 5-15% West African admixture. I'm not even going to bring up the almost extinct Khoisans who barely even exist and the few who do are not "pure". Its actually pretty weird how we are the only group in Africa who lack that component.

PS Can anyone provide an actual definition of "Black" and where does the term start and end? Are Middle Eastern Arabs who are 10% African on average Black? How about the Moroccans and Egyptians who are 25% African? Southern Moroccans and Egyptians are 30-40%, almost close to Horner levels lol
what about them? Lol Race is a social construct. People need to move on and stop constantly talking about us in here.

Last edited:

Prynce

Daps
Can't people in this Forum leave us alone :why:.

OP Wtf do you mean by "Ethiopian"? Its not even an Ethnicity but a Nation that has everything from Nilotics, Cushytics, Omotics, Semitics. Most people in Somalia are obviously dark as hell considering the skin burning weather and diet. Even Temperate highland Northern Ethiopia (Tigray) with its cool and cold Climate compared to Afar and Somali on average looks like this
etioopia10.jpg

Somalis on genetic papers firmly and consistently cluster with individuals that are 45% Eurasian

1199px-Ala111Thr_allele_frequency_distribution0.png

PCA+global.png

Latest Genetics study and the samples were taken from Addis Ababa examining Shewa Amharas, Oromo Shewans (Shewa Oromos are Habesha mixed Oromos) and Somalis from South-West Ethiopia (Ogaden)

105r589.jpg

Some of you need to understand this, The whole of the Horn is predominantly populated by mixed people, VERY mixed people that are 40%-60% Eurasian!

We as a group, from Habesha to Afar to Oromo to Somali are very related. 5-10% Genetic differences and diversity between groups is mini-scale compared to the 90-95% we share together. Horn Africans are an ancient population that came through mixture but have now become a stabilized Sub-racial group similar to the people of the Indian Sub-Continent, North Africans, Central Asians etc

We have every right to identify as our own unique Sub-Racial group
. For your info, Horners are the only people in the whole of Africa who lack Niger-Congo mixture. Even modern Nilotics in South Sudan are up to 20% Niger-Congo (The African component of Somalis best fits Nilotics but their 20% Niger-Congo differentiates them from the original Nilotic-Like African ancestors of Horners), West Africa is the home of Niger-Congo, Bantu languages are the dominant languages in South-Eastern, South and Central Africa and virtually all North Africans carry 5-15% West African admixture. I'm not even going to bring up the almost extinct Khoisans who barely even exist and the few who do are not "pure". Its actually pretty weird how we are the only group in Africa who lack that component.

PS Can anyone provide an actual definition of "Black" and where does the term start and end? Are Middle Eastern Arabs who are 10% African on average Black? How about the Moroccans and Egyptians who are 25% African? Southern Moroccans and Egyptians are 30-40%, almost close to Horner levels lol
what about them? Lol Race is a social construct. People need to move on and stop constantly talking about us in here.
:snoop: I'm not even going to try and refute that mess you posted. Let's just agree to disagree because I don't feel like debating for hours. What you typed doesn't even make sense.

P.s I'm somali so you can't say somebody who is not a Horner is messing with us.