How come Loki or Dr. Strange didn't use their Infinity Stones against Thanos??

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
The ability to use an infinity gem, and capacity to harness it's power depends on how the user is built. MCU Loki ain't built like that.

Plus, in the comics, the gems could be used subconsciously in a weak way by whoever posessed it on their person.

In the MCU they've gotta be harnessed. Strange can't use a stone just by thinking. Neither can Thanos. They've gotta purposefully "activate" it in the moment.

It's like you saying you're gonna run me over with your truck, while you're running towards your truck, and I'm chasing you with an aluminum bat.

Which one is stronger, the bat or the truck? The whole truck obviously.

But If I catch that ass before you can get in and turn the engine on, i'm beating your ass to death.

You pull that time stone out and make one false move and Thanos with 4 gems already in tow finesses that ass, it's over

Fights don't end based on who is stronger than the other. It's about who out-thinks who

Extasy

Archer
Daps
Yeah, Dr. Strange should have just redid his time loop, "I've come to bargain" trick.
But maybe he was just doing everything according to the winning plan he foresaw.
That wouldn’t work on thanos. If worked on dormammu because there is no concept of time in the dark dimension, entities will continue to exist and nothing ‘happens’.
And thanos is said to have the strongest of wills, someone will eventually break in the loop and it wouldn’t be thanos
Edit: I didn’t read @Tasha And post before posting this, he basically summed it up

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I more pissed at Vision getting hoe'd throughout the movie :francis:

Yea, maybe if Corvus Glaive didnt sneak up on Vision and stab him in the chest (via his back) with his powerful weapon that cuts through ANYTHING and seriously damaged him, sapping his power (since he can no longer phase through shyt)... damn near killing him with one strike.

Maybe he'd been able to do more in the movie:ld:

Martha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yea, maybe if Corvus Glaive didnt sneak up on Vision and stab him in the chest (via his back) with his powerful weapon that cuts through ANYTHING and seriously damaged him, sapping his power (since he can no longer phase through shyt)... damn near killing him with one strike.

Maybe he'd been able to do more in the movie:ld:

Martha
Niccas don't know if they want hero carnage or hero bad assness.

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Because the stones that Thanos had probably would have nullified the stones they were using, or attempts to do anything. And in Doctor Strange, it was stated that fukking with time is a no no:francis:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Niccas don't know if they want hero carnage or hero bad assness.

Yea... its just hard to find that "balance" word to Thanos.

Lean a little one way and cats say "the hero is weak or nerfed"
Lean a little the other way and cats say "the villain is weak":mjgrin:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Because the stones that Thanos had probably would have nullified the stones they were using, or attempts to do anything. And in Doctor Strange, it was stated that fukking with time is a no no:francis:

Also, I dont think Loki knew how to use the stone not to mention I think there is a reason the stones are installed into the gauntlet.

As far as with Dr. Strange.... it was too late, he already had 4 stones and 4 against 1 wasnt enough to stop Thanos..... like this nicca literally threw a planet at them:russ:

Martha

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also, I dont think Loki knew how to use the stone not to mention I think there is a reason the stones are installed into the gauntlet.

As far as with Dr. Strange.... it was too late, he already had 4 stones and 4 against 1 wasnt enough to stop Thanos..... like this nicca literally threw a planet at them:russ:

Martha
Now that you mention it, I remember in Doctor Strange how the sorcerers freed themselves from time manipulation, so he damn sure wouldn't have been able to do anything to him with most of the gems:jbhmm: