how come gangsters back then looked like bodybuilders

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Because prison rape was rampant.

The following is an excerpt from Monster kodys book
And when I looked at B.T. his expression was one of utter helplessness. I felt a little sorry for him, but I was a hard-line conservative and felt that this was the life he’d chosen. Unlike the slaves, he had joined the Crips. He knew the job was dangerous when he took it. Module 4800—this testing ground—was for some a breaking station. We had started calling it Forty-eight Hours, because if you could survive the first forty-eight hours—the noise, fights, stabbings, cross-burning by the pigs, tribalism, set tripping, interrogations, and being crossed, doubled-crossed, and triple-crossed—then you were in. B.T. couldn’t handle it and froze up on the first occasion of hand-to-hand and knife-to-body combat. He’d left his homies out there alone—a fatal mistake. Now his homies left him to Fat Rat’s desires.

“Monsta, you can go on to sleep now, cuz. I can handle it from here.”

Fat Rat said this as if I’d actually been helping him work B.T. over.

“Yeah, I guess I’ll kick on back now. I’ve seen enough for today.”

I knew what Rat was up to. He was ready to sodomize B.T. and felt reluctant while I was awake. It made me feel like a conspirator. I hadn’t said a word in protest to Fat Rat about his treatment of B.T., and by not saying anything I felt like I was condoning it. Silence gives consent. When I opened my eyes to protest, Fat Rat had B.T. out from under the bed and was ready to rape him.

“Naw, Rat, I can’t let you trip that hard. Don’t do cuz like that.” I’d swung my legs over the side of the bunk and was looking directly at Fat Rat.

“Aw, Monsta, this ain’t got nuttin’ to do wit’ you, homie. Hey look,” he said, grabbing B.T. on the ass, “he got enough ass fo’ the both of us, Monsta.”

“Stall cuz out, Fat Rat. You done already ruined him in the gang world. He can’t go home. Now you wanna take his manhood, too? Stall him out, Rat.”

“Damn! Monsta…”

Fat Rat looked genuinely disappointed. I guess he figured he had done all of this and rightly deserved a piece of ass. But I couldn’t let that happen, not while I was in the cell. Fat Rat slid B.T. back under the bed and went to sleep.
I don't think being swole had anything to do with rape, A. People were/are gay B. It's a power thing, I have power over you when I sodomize you, you are now a bytch.

Also the underlined portion speaks volumes in both this scenario and the real world.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
lol.

dead-ass this excerpt reminds me of the story i heard about my cousin who was about to rape one of my pops' friends upstate back in the '80s. he was sizing him up. when he asked him where hes from, that basically saved ole bul, cuz not long afterwards - the connection to my dad was made and they got cool. cousin prolly protected him too.

:merchant:
you cousin is gay and demonic bruh

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
This is why gangsterism and everything associated with it, im convinced, is directly from the devil

Mind you these were 19 20 21 year olds who spent so much time killing on the streets that busting male cheeks was a welcome refreshment
PTSD and a state of psychosis

Also :dead:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
People were lifting weights instead of playing video games
there was still plenty of ways you could fukk around breh lol video games ain't a evil. The issue today is the climate is less "manly" and masculine compared to yester-years.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
This is America, guns have always been easy to get and in abundance, what are you talking about
lol no they weren't. People in the hood started buying guns and larger, more powerful calibers with the advent of crack and the money that came from it. Before that you were the shyt if you had a .38 revolver.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
people are saying steroids but that's only to increase your pump doesn't make you grow muscles.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
It was a fighters era back then. That's how nikkas got their name in the beginning, plus they had to be swole going into them prisons or they'd literally be fukked. This stopped after Crack came out and they gangs started filling up with soft nikkas who had money and access to high powered weapons.

M4T

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, Florida
Bro, what the fukk are you talking bout :russ:

In a thread full of wild ass posts, this is the one that stood out to me...the fukk Flo Rida and his bugatti got to to do with this thread :mjlol:....I haven't even heard the word Flo Rida in like five years

The thread is about how gangstas used to look like body builders. It's ironic that the least gangsta rapper is actually a body builder and could whoop most rappers asses

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol no they weren't. People in the hood started buying guns and larger, more powerful calibers with the advent of crack and the money that came from it. Before that you were the shyt if you had a .38 revolver.

listen cac, I know you believe the only black people who own fire arms are drug dealers, but that's not reality

also black gangstas existed before the crack era and they all had guns

don't confuse gang banging with actually organized grime

guns have been apart of american life since the beginning of the country which was a war, who would have thought it

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
you cousin is gay and demonic bruh

hes dead.
so is the oldhead that almost got tossed up.

story is prolly from 35-40 years ago.
everyday chit in the pen back then.