How come Christina Vidal aka "Taina" never blew up? She was supposed to be the next J.Lo

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
The one in the pink
DDkwZE1V0AAcs2R.jpg

Maritza was my fave.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The show WAS geared towards girls but that was a time period where kids shows, whether they be geared towards girls or boys, could be enjoyed by both genders. Nickelodeon and the Teen NBC lineup both had shows like that

Taina, The Mystery Files Of Shelby Woo, and Space Cases were amongst my favorite non-Snick Nickelodean shows back in the day.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I forgot about this girl but being the next J LO isn't something to aspire because of how she got to the top :pachaha: . Plus she don't have enough mayo in her DNA To be come the next J LO.

milanoAT

Pro
Daps
I remember this show and the theme song. To be real not sure if I even liked it. I just watched anything that came on Nickelodeon.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
The show WAS geared towards girls but that was a time period where kids shows, whether they be geared towards girls or boys, could be enjoyed by both genders. Nickelodeon and the Teen NBC lineup both had shows like that

Taina, The Mystery Files Of Shelby Woo, and Space Cases were amongst my favorite non-Snick Nickelodean shows back in the day.
I think they made a mistake ending this show so quickly. I know they said only females watched it but I remember a lot of people in my neighborhood liking the show.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think they made a mistake ending this show so quickly. I know they said only females watched it but I remember a lot of people in my neighborhood liking the show.

The actress said they cancelled it due to behind the scenes drama between her mother, who was her manager, and the showrunners.

More than likely due to money. The show doubled it ls ratings in the second season and she had just got a recording contract with MCA. I could see her management thinking she was about to blow and trying to renegotiate and Nickelodean being like “Nah”