How can you call yourself a grown man if, you pay someone to fix your car?

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
because alot of dudes are not driving cutlass bro-hams lol...

to many new cars today has to many electrical wires for u to do anything outside the norm of oil change and pouring windshield washer fluid in your car

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I am NO mechanic and i CANNOT say i can fix my own car but I know enough to MAINTAIN my own car

Things I have done:

• Change my own oil and oil filter
  • Replaced/cleaned Mass Air Flow sensor
  • Replaced Fuel filter
  • Cleaned/replace throttle body
  • Helped change my timing belt (I need help for once more and then i can do it myself)
  • Changed fuel injectors
  • Changed Spark plugs

There are a lot of things I think i can do but havent tried yet but think i can do but I CANNOT fix or troubleshoot anyones car.

Things I am afraid of doing:
- Anything that has to do with brakes.
:sadcam:

Daps
I used to be a tech at Aamco and I can tell you give you a list of reasons:

Most people don't have the tools

Most people don't have the equipment necessary

Not everyone can easily take things apart and remember how they go back together (especially if there is any type of critical sequence involved)

fixing a car means troubleshooting alot of the time, thats a talent that not everyone has

Most people would like a professional to work on their car, or at least someone with experience.

Most people are lazy....thats the biggest reason of them all.

The point is that you should know enough about your car and how a car works in general so you don't get hustled outchea...but its not a necessity to actually fix it yourself.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
When's the last time you saw somebody sit a toolbox down beside an Audi or a Mercedes and roll up their sleeves in a driveway? If people got the money I don't blame them one bit.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
:snoop:

That's like saying you're not a real man if you don't build your own house instead of renting or buying one.

What about go out and killing your own food. How you gonna be a man and pay a grocery store for some steaks?

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Any male and female can change oil and replace tires,
But halla at me when you can fix a radiator, alternator and starter on your own.