how can regular nikkas afford new game consoles?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Stop using phones as a comparison, it's disingenuous. You can get a $1200 phone on a payment plan added to your phone bill stetched overa few years. The only thing you pay up front is sales tax, so up to about 120, 130 bucks. Consoles you pay all at once. ~120 :hula: 700, which is more affordable all at once?

If they can do the payments for the phones then they can do the same budget plan for the consoles. Folks just need patience and discipline when it comes to their money. I was dropping about $15-$50 off to the side when I could since last year and now I got over a grand for next gen. I don't know how many pay weeks OP has to November but if he starts saving $50 now he'll be ready with some change for launch assuming the PS5 is going for $499.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Im not sure if you're aware but they can do the same pay over time with consoles. It's not that hard..

If they can do the payments for the phones then they can do the same budget plan for the consoles. Folks just need patience and discipline when it comes to their money. I was dropping about $15-$50 off to the side when I could since last year and now I got over a grand for next gen. I don't know how many pay weeks OP has to November but if he starts saving $50 now he'll be ready with some change for launch assuming the PS5 is going for $499.
Of course they can do it, I never said they couldn't. The point is that they don't, so it's not a fair comparison. If people were disciplined enough to save in advance then we wouldn't be having these conversations. But you know how that goes.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Consoles, are probably the only electronic that is required to release at a relatively cheap price point, be cutting edge, grow with time and last you 5+ years.

imo, as an adult whose bought a ton of electronics, 700 bucks would be a steal for something I know is going to play the lastest games for atleast 7-8 years.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course they can do it, I never said they couldn't. The point is that they don't, so it's not a fair comparison. If people were disciplined enough to save in advance then we wouldn't be having these conversations. But you know how that goes.
They haven't in the past but after seeing what these phone companies did... This is the only way to raise price without customers being aware..

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Be disciplined. If you not home all the time but you paying for 3~4 subscriptions, try cutting that out and using that money saved to put towards the new console. Dudes be having monthly subscriptions to things they don't even use much e.g. (Spotify, Hulu/Netflix, extra cable channels) but barely be in the house or on the TV.

Eat out less/cook inside more. A year ago I used to eat out so much especially while I was at work and I used to spend damn near $10~$20 a day on lunch alone. I started cooking food and bringing it to work and declining going to lunch with the usual guys to save. You could be saving up to $100 a month if you do these simple things. Put that towards the PS5/XsX and you're golden.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Where are my 9 to 5 nikkas at? where are my field nikkas at? who put in work tryna hustle and put food on the table, i cant afford this 700dollar consoles man
why yall making it seem tougher than it is ? if you been saving your money you can buy the new consoles...save $50 dollars here or 100$ there...there's no rush for anybody to buy these consoles...and not even consoles phone tv's etc...that's alotta people's prob these days they buy the latest cuz they tryna keep up with everybody else...buy things at your own pace...

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Trade in your previous system to help re-coup the money from the cost of a new one. It's what a lot of people do with their phones. And I don't think many people are going out to get both new consoles at once, that's wild unnecessary especially since Halo Infinite is going to be available for XB1.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Just save up.

$700 isn’t a lot when you consider how much you spend on leisure throughout the year.

One night of movies/drinks is ~$100. Just take the year leading up to the console release and do some saving :manny:
if you spend 20$ a day for a year you spend $7300...these nikkas can do it they just dont got discipline...either that or they wanna get fresh buy the new j's or whatever the case is...if you got kids debt etc i understand thats a whole nother ball game...but if you're someone with no kids relatively no debt student loans etc then copping new consoles shouldnt be a problem....