How Can I Become Financially Successful?

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
I am 30 years old and live in Americus, GA. Small place with very little opportunity.

I graduated in December 2015 from a two year college with an Associate's Degree in Business Management. Previously, I went to a 4 year university but didn't get nothing out of it. I was lazy, procrastinated, and was mentally weak. I ended up taking out many student loans and ended up incurring a lot of debt. I was placed on academic suspension so I went to the two year college to get my Associate's Degree.

I now have $60,000 in student loan debt. I am unemployed and live with my mother. Also, I only have 30 dollars in my savings account. I am obese and any money my parents give me goes to junk food, fast food, etc. I am horrible with impulse control.

I would like to become financially successful one day. From where I'm at is that possible? Or, is it too late and should I just accept that fact?

What can I do from here to achieve financial success? I know I screwed up in my past, but I guess even if you acknowledge you screwed up it can't change your present and maybe sometimes it is too late. Everyone doesn't get to achieve what they want out of this life.
get an adderall prescription

it will cure your obesity

mental weakness

social anxiety

etc.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
see if your school has a job placement program or something.

i think you can sub teach with an associates so maybe you can do a side hustle too?

u live at home, so it should be easier for u to save more than u spend. write down all your expenses. whatever u do, dont get a credit card. sounds like u dont need it at all.

try to change ya diet and incorporate some physical activity. after 30 it gets harder.

u still young tho, so dont sweat it too much. u still got time to live the life u want.

good luck.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
see if your school has a job placement program or something.

i think you can sub teach with an associates so maybe you can do a side hustle too?

u live at home, so it should be easier for u to save more than u spend. write down all your expenses. whatever u do, dont get a credit card. sounds like u dont need it at all.

try to change ya diet and incorporate some physical activity. after 30 it gets harder.

u still young tho, so dont sweat it too much. u still got time to live the life u want.

good luck.

My school doesn't have a job placement program.

Thanks for the other advice though.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What type of job can I get that will allow myself to get out of this hole I'm in? I don't have any money for my own place so I can't just move out of state now.
I'm sure you can find a restaurant in your city that will hire you to wash dishes. If you show any type of hustle they'll let you start cooking pretty quickly, if you're assertive about it. It's going to be hard work and you're not going to get paid much but not much is a lot more than nothing. Just remember, the situation you're in isn't forever.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure you can find a restaurant in your city that will hire you to wash dishes. If you show any type of hustle they'll let you start cooking pretty quickly, if you're assertive about it. It's going to be hard work and you're not going to get paid much but not much is a lot more than nothing. Just remember, the situation you're in isn't forever.

I've been applying to restaurants and haven't gotten any callbacks or interviews yet.