How Barack Obama Failed Black Americans

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
No, DACA, as well as the lack of action against sanctuary cities and universities and the like.
even trump's not planning on messing with DACA or if he does will have his own version because it's something that a vast majority of american's agree with.

the lack of action against sanctuary cities, etc mirrors his administration's lenient enforcement of federal drug polity in states that chose different. and he's the first president to have a lower prison population than when he came into office. he's also pardon more than the other presidents combined. his critics might say those things are a result of being soft on crime or some bullshyt. the prison population is disproportionately black so ...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
even trump's not planning on messing with DACA or if he does will have his own version because it's something that a vast majority of american's agree with.

the lack of action against sanctuary cities, etc mirrors his administration's lenient enforcement of federal drug polity in states that chose different. and he's the first president to have a lower prison population than when he came into office. he's also pardon more than the other presidents combined. his critics might say those things are a result of being soft on crime or some bullshyt. the prison population is disproportionately black so ...
61% is not vast and we all know what came of polls from this election

And selectively enforcing laws undermines the whole legal system. If he doesn't agree with a law he should work to get it changed, not just not enforce them

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
author wasted his time on this

most black people don't care about any of this shyt, the little formalities and technicalities - who cares?

Barack is the first black president, he was cool, his wife was stylish and cool too...we're good :skip:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
61% is not vast and we all know what came of polls from this election

And selectively enforcing laws undermines the whole legal system. If he doesn't agree with a law he should work to get it changed, not just not enforce them
The key check of the executive branch on the legislative is enforcement, the check the legislative has on the executive is the law itself and funding.
So to say selection of enforcement undermines the system is wrong, its a built in part of the system.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
:beli:

Obama: I Can’t Pursue Reparations Because It’s Politically Infeasible

Speaking with The Atlantic’s Ta-Nehisi Coates, Obama said that it’s easy to make an argument for reparations for black Americans because of past sins like slavery and Jim Crow laws.

“Theoretically, you can make, obviously, a powerful argument that centuries of slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination are the primary cause for all those gaps [between white and black people],” Obama said in the interview. “That those were wrongs done to the black community as a whole, and black families specifically, and that in order to close that gap, a society has a moral obligation to make a large, aggressive investment, even if it’s not in the form of individual reparations checks, but in the form of a Marshall Plan, in order to close those gaps.”

Obama didn’t endorse reparations, but he didn’t reject them either. Other minorities in America, he said, would not find it fair to them.

Althalucian

All Star
Daps

You know, I invite all the Obama haters to read this, and then go down to the 600+ comments on that article. Those comments are why it is infeasible.

Reading posts about Obama on Higher Learning and then reading those comments just makes me shake my head.

I have to ask the people here: What would you have Obama do? Imagine you had his ear. Or imagine you're president. You were Barack Obama. How would you have not failed black Americans? Do you think it would have been feasible?

Perhaps it is a matter of perspective, which is relative. Yes, there are hypocrisies across Democratic and Republican rhetoric and philosophies. Yes, Obama inherits all the evils of the American empire. But to equivocate him and most other politicians is an assault on reason and reality.

What other president would even admit that you can make a "powerful argument" for reparations? Who would break it down historically as noted in the quote? He's essentially saying it is due. However, every Republican thinks what he says is pure evil and factually untrue, and a lot of Democrats see it that way too.

You would rather him become president and then walk out the white house one day and through essentially illegal acts of law-making wave away the complicated mess that is "black people's problems." Even Bernie said that the president doesn't have that power when confronted about his revolutionary rhetoric - he said it would have to be a complete revolution in the legislative branch as well. How about this: get all of congress to be 50+% black. Until that happens don't complain when one black dude can't fulfill your fantasy of white people getting their dues and blacks being elevated above other races and groups.

I do think Obama could have done a lot more and he has certainly here and there entrenched further, like every other president, traditionally racist areas of society, but understand that when Obama made a comment that was even at least 10% pro-black (which he would do frequently) right-wing media politically lynched him to hell and back.

Help me understand this anger about Obama not helping black people. Open my eyes. What would you have done (or not done) in his shoes to help black people? I ask seriously to learn.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
I shared this on Facebook. Needless to say, I haven't had one "like" or comment on the article. Those liberal cacs, c00ns, sambos, and bedwenches get real silent when you start applying pressure to their messiah. :ObamaHAHA:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Obama had no concern about stopping the policies in place in this country to harm black economic independence and self suffiency, he had no problem enabling and supplying arms to a police force in this country that was targeting blacks, he gave them more military weapons, had no problem (him and Holder) of increasing prosecution in the drug war (which mainly targets blacks), no concern at all for black americans.

Did everything he could for jews and gays though, but never could get enough of talking down on black americans to his white friends and white voting blocks. What can you expect from a man raised by racist white folks.

None of this is remotely true. The president under the DOJ has made changes to a lot of the policies in local PDs. To the fact that in places like Baltimore the PD is forced to make changes to their policing.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
None of this is remotely true. The president under the DOJ has made changes to a lot of the policies in local PDs. To the fact that in places like Baltimore the PD is forced to make changes to their policing.
Federal government doesn't implement changes in local police forces, either the state, county (parish), or city does.
DOJ can implement policies in their own federal law enforcement agencies, but policy wise only thing they can do is require certain things be met for grant money.
Funny enough though, you mention the Baltimore PD, they had been known to use that strategy of torturing those they had incarerated in their vehicles by slamming the breaks and roughing them up, feds knew about it, its suspected this is the method used to murder Freddie Grey, yet the Fed have yet to press charges on the police department. last time I checked under Obama, in the baltimore situation only 1 group was federally charges and that was the looters who burned down some property, not a single federal charge on anyone on the police force, the chief, or the mayor who had previously been told their practice of randomly stopping was illegal.

Now tell me why Obama didn't get on his high horse and do something about it, like he did for the trannys going into bathrooms issue?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Federal government doesn't implement changes in local police forces, either the state, county (parish), or city does.
DOJ can implement policies in their own federal law enforcement agencies, but policy wise only thing they can do is require certain things be met for grant money.
Funny enough though, you mention the Baltimore PD, they had been known to use that strategy of torturing those they had incarerated in their vehicles by slamming the breaks and roughing them up, feds knew about it, its suspected this is the method used to murder Freddie Grey, yet the Fed have yet to press charges on the police department. last time I checked under Obama, in the baltimore situation only 1 group was federally charges and that was the looters who burned down some property, not a single federal charge on anyone on the police force, the chief, or the mayor who had previously been told their practice of randomly stopping was illegal.

Now tell me why Obama didn't get on his high horse and do something about it, like he did for the trannys going into bathrooms issue?

They have to if they want to continue receiving federal funding :comeon: