Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
If Jabari plays defense like that every game, I could not care about his offense at all. Him, Garuba, Eason, and Sengun were causing hell. Wood had 26 points but he was getting wrecked like crazy. Gotta include KJ Martin in that too. All that trade stuff involving him should be a distant memory. KPJ was looking off Sengun in the post and turning it over, but that dude was trying to win. You could see the sweat pouring off of him in that post game interview :laff:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Silas is a good guy and all, but I can’t wait til he’s gone. This guy has kept EG, Mathews, and Nix on the floor for big stretches of the game and they’ve accomplished nothing. That seems to be intentional.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
HIGHLY entertaining game coming off the holiday despite the clear foul baiting from Trae Young. That piece of shyt was so egregious with that mess, that’s why I’m really glad they pulled this out. Also, KJ needs that starting spot. He brings a lot of stuff there that EG doesn’t provide. A lot of good stuff from this group tonight. Also, that scuffle basically ignited that comeback. These guys were tired of losing but tonight they weren’t having that celebrating bullshyt from Trae and Murray.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Jabari Smith is a 3rd wheel at best...Rashard Lewis 2.0

Paolo would've been a better fit with Jalen

:manny:

I agree but Paolo went #1 Rockets picked at #3. Stone didn't pass on Banchero. Now could he have put a trade together for the first pick maybe. But Orlando probably was sold on Banchero as their guy.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Jabari Smith is a 3rd wheel at best...Rashard Lewis 2.0

Paolo would've been a better fit with Jalen

:manny:
Yup, one of the reasons why I'm high on Baba Miller as a great consolation prize next to Wemby. I said before the draft if you don't get Paolo, trade down.

This year I'm saying if you don't get Wemby get this guy.

6'2 point guard who grew to 6'11 but kept the court vision, handle and perimeter defense. Played in Real Madrid as a youngster like Luka did as well.

Expecting his draft stock to skyrocket once her starts playing (January). Would be a monster combined with Jalen/Sengun.

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m aight with the Jabari pick. He was the best pick after Paolo. Probably the best big based on the roster configuration. Jabari shows some elite defensive possibilities and we need that. Those lineups that have him and Garuba on the floor there or him and Tari on the floor together are fun to watch defensively. And Tari is starting to stroke the three. Banchero is more nba ready and a lot more closer to his ceiling than Jabari is to his’.

Also KPJ has shown he’s not keen to getting the ball tk the best offensive player k. The floor onhis spot. He can’t even feed Jalen adequately and he almost never. Ever drops the ball into the post to Sengun. Never . Go watch the games and it’s very evident. Banchero wouldn’t be the same player he is for Houston that’s he’s showing in Orlando.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I’m aight with the Jabari pick. He was the best pick after Paolo. Probably the best big based on the roster configuration. Jabari shows some elite defensive possibilities and we need that. Those lineups that have him and Garuba on the floor there or him and Tari on the floor together are fun to watch defensively. And Tari is starting to stroke the three. Banchero is more nba ready and a lot more closer to his ceiling than Jabari is to his’.

Also KPJ has shown he’s not keen to getting the ball tk the best offensive player k. The floor onhis spot. He can’t even feed Jalen adequately and he almost never. Ever drops the ball into the post to Sengun. Never . Go watch the games and it’s very evident. Banchero wouldn’t be the same player he is for Houston that’s he’s showing in Orlando.

Paolo is facilitating down there

Jabari moves his feet well, but no handles and subpar finishing ability

He's gotta work on his handles first and foremost...I just don't think he will ever be a great team's best or 2nd best player...based on the traits I see

I know Jalen is special, by how he's able to create when the team throws him so many timebombs at the end of the shot clock...guys that are trusted to create late in the shot clock get the type of experience that every team needs

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paolo is facilitating down there

Jabari moves his feet well, but no handles and subpar finishing ability

He's gotta work on his handles first and foremost...I just don't think he will ever be a great team's best or 2nd best player...based on the traits I see

I know Jalen is special, by how he's able to create when the team throws him so many timebombs at the end of the shot clock...guys that are trusted to create late in the shot clock get the type of experience that every team needs
. He’s “allowed” to facilitate in Oralndo. Paolo wouldn’t be facilitating in Houston. He would have to be set up by our shoot happy non-facilitating guards(KPJ and Gordon)

It’s aight that Jabari isn’t goin to be an offensive superstar. But he can still be a star player. He’s tall and can still get his shot off over most players and he has a great form and mechanics on his jumper. He’ll become a better finisher around the rim. As he develops his NBA body. Ad wasn’t a great great around the basket either whe. He first came into the league. Yall Worry too much about what Jabari. Im excited over what he can be and that’s a really good two way player. He was an elite shooter in college from long range. And played great defense. It’s aight if he ain’t elite at putting it on the floor. Because Sengun and Green can be that. You didn’t have to be a great all around offensive player to be impact ful in this league. Look at Mobley. Performance wise the two most impactful rookies last year were Barnes and Mobley. Not Green and Cade. That’s what Jabari can bring to Houston. I’m not trippin over that pick. Especially when we had no control over it. Which is why I don’t understand whole ppl keep bringing it up. It was out of Houston’s control