House quietly approves $95 Billion bill to aid Israel, Ukraine, and Taiwan

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Let me play devil's advocate.

Have the same progressives come to the aid of democratically elected leaders in the global south?

And what is the cost of the weapons and aid to the American people? Aren't progressives meant to be concerned with social safety nets and domestic policy that favors citizens? Especially if the opportunity cost is war?

we can walk and chew gum at the same time. I don't know which leader you're referring to but right-wingers and neoliberals in america are in power, not progressives.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Nah, I used to think the same but this is Pannie babble. We gotta step our research game up on this fukk shyt random nobodies are saying on Youtube, Twitter and TikTok. fukk Foreign Policy.
:dahell:You really have a problem. What kinda psycho is so invested AGAINST "his" people like this? Its a sickness.

The only thing prolonging the war is you orcs not admitting defeat.
:mjtf: :mjpls:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we can walk and chew gum at the same time. I don't know which leader you're referring to but right-wingers and neoliberals in america are in power, not progressives.
I don't think you understood my post.

The same progressives you're talking about are the ones I'm questioning, not progressive leaders.

Where are these progressives advocating for aiding democratically elected leaders in the global south? I certainly don't see any on the coli. They arent vocal on social media and I don't see them on mainstream media.

If they are out there, do they make the same calculus for those global south countries as they do for Israel and Ukraine? That is to say, do they say "We need to support Tinubu with billions in aid and weapons to ensure a free and sovereign country"? Do they make this claim recognizing the aid could fix problems in America?

Because I think that's what the person you're quoting was saying. We have "seemingly" arbitrarily chosen which allies we can send almost trillions to while failing to justify why that money can't be spent in America on American issues. Why are progressives, neoliberals and conservatives all aligned on Ukraine and Israel? Why not Nigeria or Ecuador?

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
The usual coli PrOgReSsIvEs bigging up prolonging wars and giving aid to countries that aren't important to US interests while the homeless, illegal immigration and inflation situations are causing major problems in the US... *sarcasm* I'm absitively posolutely shocked! *sarcasm*

I remember in the 2000s when Progressives were anti war, cared about the homeless and wanted to deal with inflation. My how times have changed.

You
Live
In
The
UK.

But thanks for chiming in on what you deem as a US interest

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I don't think you understood my post.

The same progressives you're talking about are the ones I'm questioning, not progressive leaders.

Where are these progressives advocating for aiding democratically elected leaders in the global south? I certainly don't see any on the coli. They arent vocal on social media and I don't see them on mainstream media.

If they are out there, do they make the same calculus for those global south countries as they do for Israel and Ukraine? That is to say, do they say "We need to support Tinubu with billions in aid and weapons to ensure a free and sovereign country"? Do they make this claim recognizing the aid could fix problems in America?

Because I think that's what the person you're quoting was saying. We have "seemingly" arbitrarily chosen which allies we can send almost trillions to while failing to justify why that money can't be spent in America on American issues. Why are progressives, neoliberals and conservatives all aligned on Ukraine and Israel? Why not Nigeria or Ecuador?

conservatives and neoliberals own mainstream media, that's why you don't see progressives on there. progressives regularly ask for AID for Americans long before supporting aid to ukraine and they haven't stopped demanding aid for their fellow americans. what lead you to believe that americans progressives are against aid to nigeria or ecuador?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just fukking printing money.

But when folks were pushing for student loan forgiveness back in 2020 his bytch ass didn’t even push for a bill.

supreme court blocked the main act but a lot of people have gotten forgiveness and the dollar amount is more than aid /

# the more you know

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
supreme court blocked the main act but a lot of people have gotten forgiveness and the dollar amount is more than aid /

# the more you know
Reread what I wrote.

The student loan forgiveness that he implemented was done by executive order, not legislatively (like the aid package that just passed the House, (and that Biden was pushing for)).

If he really cared about student loan forgiveness he would have pushed for it legislatively…Day 1. Instead he implemented a doomed-to-fail executive order (conveniently) near the midterm elections. If it were implemented via legislation the SC would not even be a factor.

# the more you comprehend

Furthermore, why give Israel money for weapons and simultaneously give humanitarian aid to Gaza? One issue causes the other. The more logical and cost-effective approach would be to call for a ceasefire.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
conservatives and neoliberals own mainstream media, that's why you don't see progressives on there. progressives regularly ask for AID for Americans long before supporting aid to ukraine and they haven't stopped demanding aid for their fellow americans. what lead you to believe that americans progressives are against aid to nigeria or ecuador?
Can you prove conservatives and neoliberals own mainstream media? Keep in mind, admittedly, my argument stems from anecdotal evidence. You are speaking as if what you say is fact. Show me that it's a fact that these two groups own mainstream media.

Also, proce that these so-called progressives advocate for americans first. Because, again anecdotally, I don't see it.

# the more you know
I'll add the context

Student loans forgiven in dollars: 153 billion

Aid to Ukraine: 75 billion (so far)
Aid to israel: 14 billion (since October)
Total: 89 billion (so far)

With this new bill, aid will be close to student loan forgiveness

But the question becomes, why not give 89 billion to Americans? We are led to believe there's no money and we're in a debt crises. Yet here we are spraying cash at our so-called allies. We're told Biden has his hands tied on loans...but he bypassed congress multiple times to bailout israel and spent billions doing so

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Reread what I wrote.

The student loan forgiveness that he implemented was done by executive order, not legislatively (like the aid package that just passed the House, (and that Biden was pushing for)).

If he really cared about student loan forgiveness he would have pushed for it legislatively…Day 1. Instead he implemented a doomed-to-fail executive order (conveniently) near the midterm elections. If it were implemented via legislation the SC would not even be a factor.

# the more you comprehend

Furthermore, why give Israel money for weapons and simultaneously give humanitarian aid to Gaza? One issue causes the other. The more logical and cost-effective approach would be to call for a ceasefire.

You made it seem like he's done nothing and that isn't the case.

Last month they just forgave another 6 billion in student debt

It probably wouldn't have cleared the senate and there may have been other issues

type what you mean not some vague bs

Israel isn't only fighting in Gaza?

I frankly don't care if Israel gets aid or not

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Reread what I wrote.

This is debatable.

Did you have the foresight to predict that the scotus would strike it down due to the reasoning that "modify does not mean reduce" despite the heroes act specifying that the president could "waive or modify" student loans?