Veteran
Daps
What did she think of this tho :francis:

House_Party-_Tonight%27s_the_Night.jpeg
I watched this a couple years ago and it was corny as shyt lmaon

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
“Kid and Play’s characters liked to dance and have fun, talk to girls and came from middle-class homes. The only stakes were getting home before bedtime and avoiding the neighborhood bullies, while injecting subtle social commentary about police brutality and class. However, in Glover and Olori’s script, wanton ignorance is rewarded and celebrated as the main duo gaslight each other into making decisions that would literally ruin their lives. “

DAAAAAAMNNNNNNNN
Damn what a review lmao. The stuff about the social commentary and general intelligence can apply to a lot of movies from the 90s in comparison to the current set of movies from the past few years. It’s always so noticeable too.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Just watched the movie, it was actually decent, not gonna lie. I went into it with low expectations, but it actually had funny moments here and there.
I was cracking up when DC young fly's character got high and start acting like he was back in 1998 :russ: , nikka was fukking up the whole party
I'd give it a 6.5/10. I wouldn't watch it again tbh. I'd advise yall to watch it tho, it's a nice dumb entertaining movie to just smoke and chill to.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched the movie, it was actually decent, not gonna lie. I went into it with low expectations, but it actually had funny moments here and there.
I was cracking up when DC young fly's character got high and start acting like he was back in 1998 :russ: , nikka was fukking up the whole party
I'd give it a 6.5/10. I wouldn't watch it again tbh. I'd advise yall to watch it tho, it's a nice dumb entertaining movie to just smoke and chill to.
That’s the same rating I gave it. In an era where regurgitated and overly copied tik toks and IG skits are lauded, I am trying to wrap my head around the harsh criticisms for this film. It’s right up the alley of most comedies put out today. The same silly and nonsensical premise and aspects are present so it’s weird to see people distancing and trashing this film without watching it.

BlackMafia

Banned
Bushed
Daps
1/4 and that's being generous. This movie didnt know wtf it was trying to be. Like one person wrote the first half and another the second with no comedic senses. Watch for the cameos alone. The rest is trash. I've seen kids birthday parties get wilder.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
This movie was a mess. Rotimi and the tall lightskin dude were doing too much.

The kid cudi, the black power ranger and dude that played young Roland(from The Wood) got the funniest parts of the movie..SMH! .Bron go full sailor. Theres another party where shyt gets weird hella random

Last edited: