"House Party" | Jan. 13th 2023 | now streaming on HBO Max

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
:russ: And it would all be done digitally.

I’m not saying it’s impossible to give this generation of high school kids their house party movie. I just don’t know how. And I guess that’s on me as the writer

:patrice: They might can go the period piece route. Stranger Things and It captured that 80's feel pretty decently, might be better off doing that than trying to make the story fit in present time.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:patrice: They might can go the period piece route. Stranger Things and It captured that 80's feel pretty decently, might be better off doing that than trying to make the story fit in present time.

That’s what I’d do. But then I thought “well that movie already exists” :francis:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Do young people even have real house parties any more? I get the feeling this is a foreign concept for many youth.

They have kick backs. Usually a hookah or two, some weed, and liqour. Music playing on a beats pill (Pandora or Spotify playlist). Some playing cards, some in they phone. Girls start twerking when they song come on (usually on the girl they came with) or everybody sing along and pull out snap chat when the hottest song comes on.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
:russ: And it would all be done digitally.

I’m not saying it’s impossible to give this generation of high school kids their house party movie. I just don’t know how. And I guess that’s on me as the writer
I could see Play coming up with a hipster "No Social Media" / "90s" party concept similar to what the big comedians are doing with their comedy shows. Borrow some the characteristics from the kid from "Dope". Get the hottest DJ in the school to do the music. Don't really have to update Kid's storyline to much, nerdy, rebel kid thats in love with the hot school light bright that shows up to the party in a jean overalls lol. The Full Force characters don't really have to change. The modern technology part of the plot can happen around of the party probably with the promotion on twitter/facebook that ends up making it the hottest party of the year because of the concept of no social media.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
James, 33, is leading the pack among a group of hoops stars leveraging their appeal in Hollywood. Kobe Bryant is an Oscar nominee for doc short Dear Basketball, while Forest Whitaker, Nina Yang Bongiovi and Jason Samuels are producing an authorized doc about Stephon Marbury’s surprising second act as a basketball god in China (Coodie Simmons and Chike Ozah are directing). Even less expected: Steve Nash is producing an untitled feature about the rise of ecstasy and the rave culture in Reagan-era Texas. Says the film’s producer Braxton Pope: "Steve has great taste and is serious in a sustained way about film and creative content. He's been an ideal partner.”

Can't wait to watch that Starbury doc :blessed:

Steve Nash's movie about white inbreds raving in Texas :scust: