House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Who were those people in the cottage, the man with the long hair, and his wife, and the girl in the bed?

I think that was the dude(blacksmith?) who asked aegon for money when he was on the throne. The farmer asked for his goats, but Otto stopped aegon from doing it. Against Otto's wishes Aegon told the blacksmith he would give him extra pay or an advance, something like that.

Im assuming with the death of his son Aegon gonna reneg on that promise and it's gonna cause a lot of issues for the army :francis:
Yeah, he was the Blacksmith who asked Aegon for money.
It looks like he will be used as an avatar for how the common people of Kings Landing are affected by the war.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I think that was the dude(blacksmith?) who asked aegon for money when he was on the throne. The farmer asked for his goats, but Otto stopped aegon from doing it. Against Otto's wishes Aegon told the blacksmith he would give him extra pay or an advance, something like that.

Im assuming with the death of his son Aegon gonna reneg on that promise and it's gonna cause a lot of issues for the army :francis:
Hugh (the Blacksmith) was told he would get paid for his services in advance against Otto’s advice.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if something is gonna happen that will prevent him from getting paid, forcing him to jump ship for the sake of his family.

We saw his daughter bein very ill, to the point she’s bedridden
and his wife told him she was struggling to even get essentials.

That right there.. a loving and caring family, is a strong incentive to jump ship if Aegon doesn’t follow through on his word.

Especially because Hugh has a very valuable skill that King Aegon
(and any Kingdom actually) needs for their army.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Watched the S2 premiere and realized I forgot so much shyt from S1. Rewatching S1 now. Should be caught up with the rest of ya'll this week.
Might help to watch some of Alt Shift X's episode recaps. They are always well done and thorough with just enough non-spoiler book context to help the character connections and story elements make sense for show watchers.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Hugh (the Blacksmith) was told he would get paid for his services in advance against Otto’s advice.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if something is gonna happen that will prevent him from getting paid, forcing him to jump ship for the sake of his family.

We saw his daughter bein very ill, to the point she’s bedridden
and his wife told him she was struggling to even get essentials.

That right there.. a loving and caring family, is a strong incentive to jump ship if Aegon doesn’t follow through on his word.

Especially because Hugh has a very valuable skill that King Aegon
(and any Kingdom actually) needs for their army.

Yall just got these hunches huh :francis:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yall just got these hunches huh :francis:
Just say you dont pay attention to the show and some shyt went over your head instead of throwing accusations. No I havent read the books.
krsDI2I.png

Let me break it down for you since you seem a lil slow. The show went out of its way to show how important that blacksmith was. Aegon literally says "My army cant win a war without your weapons"
Wk04TOx.gif

Then went out of it's way to show us how the blacksmith family is struggling and how much they need that money. What other reason would they have to show us this if the money wouldnt be an issue?
VNK77Bg.gif

Logic says, he not gonna get the money with how they set up those scenes. Now you may be right about the other dude.idk where he would think the smitch would join team black from. Nothing in the show even hints at that. I just know you wrong about me :pacspit:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Just say you dont pay attention to the show and some shyt went over your head instead of throwing accusations. No I havent read the books.
krsDI2I.png

Let me break it down for you since you seem a lil slow. The show went out of its way to show how important that blacksmith was. Aegon literally says "My army cant win a war without your weapons"
I understand this.
Then went out of it's way to show us how the blacksmith family is struggling and how much they need that money. What other reason would they have to show us this if the money wouldnt be an issue?
I understand this as well.

“Im assuming with the death of his son Aegon gonna reneg on that promise and it's gonna cause a lot of issues for the army”

“But I wouldn’t be surprised if something is gonna happen that will prevent him from getting paid, forcing him to jump ship for the sake of his family.”

I dont understand these points/posts/“hunches”

It really wasnt heavily implied in that scene. The only person that opposed the payment was Otto and hes gone now. The kings son just died, of course he not thinking of his agreements. But Aegon wants war more than ever and he needs weapons so why would he not pay? Not only that hes more war hungry than ever, if anything its implied he needs the blacksmith help now more than before

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I understand this.

I understand this as well.

“Im assuming with the death of his son Aegon gonna reneg on that promise and it's gonna cause a lot of issues for the army”

“But I wouldn’t be surprised if something is gonna happen that will prevent him from getting paid, forcing him to jump ship for the sake of his family.”

I dont understand these points/posts/“hunches”
For that 2nd point, you need to ask the person who said that, not me.

For my quote, pay attention to the whole episode maybe? The smiths have been working on the weapons already and getting paid when the work is done. They just asked for an advance. Otto was about to tell the king not to do it, meaning keep the smiths working and they get paid afterwards. So that's an option and the current setup.

Aegon's son was murdered which flips everything and has Aegon on some "fukk the smallfolk" shyt. Hence him killing all the ratcatchers w/o worrying about finding the guilty one. Aemon's scene with his prostitue "When the king is mad, the smallfolk suffer".

It really wasnt heavily implied in that scene. The only person that opposed the payment was Otto and hes gone now. The kings son just died, of course he not thinking of his agreements. But Aegon wants war more than ever and he needs weapons so why would he not pay? Not only that hes more war hungry than ever, if anything its implied he needs the blacksmith help now more than before
bingo

Do you think they showed the blacksmith focusing on the king's promise for nothing?