Hot take: Uncle Phil was scarier then James Evans

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Uncle Phil to Will & Carlton. “Listen you big eared free loader you take your square headed little cousin over here and bring Jeffrey back or they will never find your bodies; and I’m a judge I can make it happen”

Uncle Phil to the white police officers. “I’ll tie this place up with so much litigation your grand children will need lawyers.

Uncle Phil wielded a lot of power and knew how to use it.

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
I think the better question is who was more scarier, Uncle Phil or Dan Connor? Dan was basically the white, blue collar version of Phil. Man could go from zero to 100 in a instant. When he found out Fisher was abusing Jackie, he pulled up on him, kicked his ass and went to jail with no fukks given. Plus his fights with Roseanne, Darlene, Jackie, Becky, etc.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uncle Phil punched a richer more stuck up sissier nikka. James Evams went up against Larry Hoover, Mad Dog, and the Satan's Knights. James stood tall against sweet daddy and his goons too. No squad, no job title, no police, no butler, just 1 bad nikka solo dolo in Cabrini Green back when Chicago was really Chicago.

don’t forget the pool sharks too lol

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Uncle Phil was a whole demon, but he had a big heart.

James Evans was a broken man living in the projects with nothing to lose, but a ugly ass wife, and three old ass kids.

I'm still convinced dude faked his death just to leave that shyt like Shawshank.

Phil at least meant well because Will was a complete West Philly idiot.

Daps
Physical scary - James

Will/Carlton could outrun Uncle Phil but James might catch you if you tried to run. Blue collar man, he's not getting tired once the azz whipping starts.

Overall scary - Uncle Phil

James stood up to Chicago goons....but Uncle Phil could have all those dudes locked up doing football numbers all while just sitting in a chair.

Dr. Huxtable - not scary at all. Too soft which is why Denise/Vanessa started fukking up as soon as they got to college...and Rudy was becoming a spoiled brat. Saundra was good because she was naturally mature as the oldest kid.

BetweenDenise/Theo/Vanessa/Rudy...... Theo had it the toughest and turned out the best.

Momma Winslow = best mom

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
That's not a hot take, uncle Phil still had some of that fukk around and find out in him to go along with the connections in his legit judge life to make disappearances happen and shyt go away.......it's not even close........

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Uncle Phil was a man with violent tendencies, an air of unpredictability and was in a position of power from humble beginnings.

Its obvious his reign on top of the music business would be short as leprechauns.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think the better question is who was more scarier, Uncle Phil or Dan Connor? Dan was basically the white, blue collar version of Phil. Man could go from zero to 100 in a instant. When he found out Fisher was abusing Jackie, he pulled up on him, kicked his ass and went to jail with no fukks given. Plus his fights with Roseanne, Darlene, Jackie, Becky, etc.
Switch that with James Evans and Dan Connor and it's a valid discussion. Uncle Phil will always trump both based on the fact that he had mad bread and power and influence along with it.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I'll always have my money on James Evans, everybody's tv father role model during that time, back when everybody call their father "Daddy", and said, "My father", instead of "My Dad". And everybody said, "My mother", instead of "My Mom". Saying "My Mom" or "My Dad", was White talk.

James Evan was such a mean father that they wrote him off the show, I guess.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Uncle Phil was built like a NT, of course he's more intimidating
Fixed :lolbron:
Nah…. But they both were good fathers. Both of them were not trying to be their kids friends but protect them and maybe kick their ass if needed..

:hubie:

On the low there is probably a really good idea for a book on black masculinity on tv. For example Phil and James would both fukk Bill Cosby up. Now that was a soft ass man, but he was potentially the wealthiest too….
Bill Cosby himself? Or the character?

Cliff Huxtable was not wealthier than Phil Banks...

Daps
Reppin
All Thats Good Within Thee World
James Evans wasn't really allowed to be as scary as he should have been due to Florida's belief in God and "turning the other cheek," or resorting to prayer.
Vvian on the other hand gave more leeway to Uncle Phil in regards to disciplining the kids and HER nephew.

One can argue that both characters were strategically written. James was not allowed as much leeway because he was broke. Meanwhile, Uncle Phil had all the leeway because he was rich and powerful. Also, Florida had no career but Vivian did. Maybe Flordia felt like her main duty besides cooking and cleaning was to protect her kids from James wrath especially since she knew a lot of it came from being a menial working Black man in Cabrini Green overpowered by systematic racism and street gangs.