Hot Take: Jokic is the most dominating center since Shaq

Daps
You don’t double offensively limited players. It’s not like he was just getting his points off put backs and rolling to the basket :yeshrug:

Dwight was LIMITED...nikkax spent years wondering when he was going to add to his skill set. Let’s not go into story mode. Baby hooks, lobs, rolls & outback’s was Dwight’s game

Part of the reason Dwight loved Jameer was he was like the only guy who would actually give him the ball when he asked in the post. Pietrus, young JJ, Turk, RL would look him off and Dwight would get frustrated. This is fact.

You think these guys would be doing that if Dwight was known to get busy in the post? :francis:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yes, he’s so dominant he has never made a finals appearance, every playoff series goes 7 games and he needed his point guard to have multiple 50 point games to beat the Utah Jazz.

There’s nothing wrong with just being an All-Star, maybe even borderline superstar. To compare his run to Shaq’s dominance is laughable.

u talk like he has other top ten players with him. In today's NBA it's not enough to have a 'good team' ... all these soft ass players link like Voltron

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Giannis is this era’s Shaq.

I actually agree. He's like a "wing" Shaq. shyt is crazy. But again, he aint winning shyt unless he has someone who can offset his deficiencies as well. Is Jrue enough? Keith is a solid 2/3 option, but I dunno. Bud needs to go if they fail again this year.

"Doesn't have any skills, just barrels over people."

"Teams will just form a wall bc he has no jumper ."

"Stays air balling free throws"

"Can't give him the ball in crunch time."

"He isn't a 1st option"

"He isn't that guy"

"He's more like a 2nd option"

"Regular season ass nygga"

:ehh:

Honestly... if Bean, Anfernee, and Wade didn't exist for him but the 2021 coli did :mjlit:... i could see all these familiar talking points being used against Shaq.

Conversely, I could also see Giannis winning Finals MVP vs a 34 year old Mutombo, Matt Gieger, and Todd "Big Mac" MaCulloch... after Kobe Wardell (or Kawhi, or KD) average 33/7/7 in the WCFs to sweep the Duncan/Robinson '01 Spurs...

Too bad for Giannis, all the top 5'ish superstars in this era done already teamed up n shyt :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I actually agree. He's like a "wing" Shaq. shyt is crazy. But again, he aint winning shyt unless he has someone who can offset his deficiencies as well. Is Jrue enough? Keith is a solid 2/3 option, but I dunno. Bud needs to go if they fail again this year.
He also a beast in the paint. His field goal percentages and points in the paint resemble Shaq’s production. It’s just different.

No. Giannis is much more like David Robinson. Shaq wasn't a DPOY level defender.
His paint scoring performance is like Shaq’s.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yao coulda been that guy if his team had known what to do with him. He dominated Dwight in their head-to-head matchups but his coaches never seemed to take advantage of his strengths.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yes, he’s so dominant he has never made a finals appearance, every playoff series goes 7 games and he needed his point guard to have multiple 50 point games to beat the Utah Jazz.

There’s nothing wrong with just being an All-Star, maybe even borderline superstar. To compare his run to Shaq’s dominance is laughable.
Didn't you claim that Jokic wasn't a guy who could get buckets late and that MPJ would be better than him the moment he stepped on the court? :laff:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Jokic a monster and probably the answer.

And Shaq would make food of him.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
None of these players are comparable to LA Shaq

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

Shaq had Penny and Kobe.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Look at this shameless ass muh'fukka after he said MPJ was better than him last season.

:laff:

I'm starting to think we overrate basketball players like women.

Every year thecoli finds a lightskin nikka to stan.

:stopitslime:I'm not lowkey shytting on Steph (before you neg me, again).

:laugh: I just hate how he got away with quitting the one year his team didn't need him to carry them--this year is definitely one of those years. So, I'll give him credit there.