I’ll wait for it to go on sale and when the issues are patched

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
here's DF's recommended settings:

Textures - Medium
Model Quality - Ultra
AF - 16x (via driver, ingame AF settings do nothing)
Shadows - High
Reflections - Medium
Clouds - High
TAA
Motion Blur - On (I always turn that shyt off)
AO - Medium
Dynamic Res - Off

"Medium" setting are the original PS4 Pro settings

I've also heard the ingame Vsync and Frame Limiter are trash, so force those through the driver/RTSS

ive been running it at these settings 1440p and 80FOV, and get about 70-90fps. some stuttering happening during cut scenes and facial animations looks weird at times, but besides that my experience has been pretty decent. im on a 2080Super

Half A $

Pro
Daps
A badly optimized game is fixed with a patch, a bad game is bad forever.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Documented the save transfer process for anyone interested while "porting" Zips's save. This is for Save Wizard, those who are savvy enough to use PS4 Save Mounter on a jailbroken console can just skip to step 6/7 after retrieving their decrypted save, I won't explain all of that here.
  1. Backup your desired HZD save (it probably needs to be the complete edition or a version that could technically access the DLC expansion) to a USB drive. Sony instructions
  2. Open Save Wizard on your PC and insert the USB drive
  3. Choose the desired save under "My saves", right click and select "Advanced mode"
  4. Wait
  5. Once you see the hex view, click on "Export to file" (second to last icon in this pic: https://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2020-08glk1t.png)
  6. Keep the name "checkpoint.dat", it's used in the PC version as well
  7. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Horizon Zero Dawn\Saved Game and pick a save folder. There must be an existing save in the folder that you're going to overwrite. I used autosave0.
  8. Launch the game and load the save (the text and image you see won't be representative of the PS4 status). Should load just fine.
  9. You may want to immediately save your game to a new manual slot to create a more proper save state.
  10. You can now quit Save Wizard and eject the USB drive, you're done
Note 1: I ran into a weird issue where the game took it's mirroring/blurring in 21:9 mode ad absurdum and applied it to gameplay as well, but restarting the game fixed that. It was probably not related to the PS4 save, but just the general jankiness of the PC version. I also had a single crash while fast traveling across the map, but that also wasn't reproducible and might just be due to the state of the port.

Note 2: I haven't tested this extensively, so there might actually be issues. Use at your own risk.
Edit: Save Wizard requires a license key that is $60. Never mind I'll start the game over.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
2070 Super

it's running good for me at 1080p 60fps

it crashed the first time I launch it, before any splash screens :lupe:

building the shader cache took forever. it also had all my cpu cores at 90+% and used all my memory (16gb)
god damn intro before I could adjust settings :francis:

used the DF suggested settings

exited out to adjust NCP (AF and Vsync) and RTSS (framerate limiter) settings

had to watch the intro again since I never started the game :snoop:

everything smooth, but I had some weird texture issues (the feather in her hair looked like static). turns out you need to rebuild the shader cache after forcing AF via NCP. did that, and the issues went away :whew:

everything good now. a steady 16.6 frametime with RTSS. 30fps animations are noticeable in some cutscenes. and I did notice a stutter when the UI changes (new waypoint, etc)

Last edited: