Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The review had me at "Open World RPG".

Between this, ME and Injustice I'm good for the next 5 to 6 months. And Persona also possibly :damn:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. Reads like a 9 or 10/10 though. Think how high reviewers will score this game depends on how much they enjoy the story. Some seem to love it, some don't seem to care.

while i really want a damn good story, i'm in this game for the exploring...i'm a 'dora the explorer, looking around at any & everything' type muthafukka when it comes to games, and this game has me so excited to do that shyt....hell, i'm probably gonna spend my first couple days ignoring the shyt out of the story and just exploring...i already know how i'm play the game: i'll be advancing the story when i have to, just so i can advance my exploration lol....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The review had me at "Open World RPG".

Between this, ME and Injustice I'm good for the next 5 to 6 months. And Persona also possibly :damn:

i feel ya.....i get a month to solely focus on & put in work into this, then i cop ME....then i'll focus solely on that a good month, then i'll start rotating games....including picking up games like watch dogs 2, uncharted 4, nioh, neir, last guardian, gravity rush 2, etc...just to add to my backlog lol......cause i'll probably still just be playing this and ME until red dead 2 & destiny 2 come out.....

it's times like this when i wish i was rich...so i could not work and have time to play all these games....

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GOAT incoming
tumblr_inline_oljett5qJo1r3825d_540.png

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I wanna ride a flying Dino but nikkas can't give me a straight answer :stopitslime:

Some nikkas say "yes" then the other "no"

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Review leaked by accident(it's already taken down)

No score but it had tons of praise. It was from Engadget.

There's something about Aloy. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's an enchanting kind of magic in the way she shoots a bow, speaks her mind and sprints across vast valleys littered with monstrous metal beasts. Aloy is powerful and loyal, an underdog outcast who rises to glory on an epic scale, and it's impossible to not root for her. She's as clever as Hermione Granger, as tough as Lara Croft and better with a bow than Katniss Everdeen -- and she's the reason I fell in love with Horizon Zero Dawn.

As is often the case, love hit me out of nowhere, when I least expected it. See, Horizon is not my typical kind of game. I'm generally drawn to experiences I can play in bursts, like League of Legends, TowerFall, Neko Atsume or Overwatch, and I've never been tempted to play all the way through massive, open-world role-playing games like Dragon Age, Skyrim or The Witcher. I see the appeal of these series -- I'm a nut for the fantasy and sci-fi genres in general -- but they never hold my attention for long.
Aloy is powerful and loyal, an underdog outcast who rises to glory on an epic scale, and it's impossible to not root for her. She's as clever as Hermione Granger, as tough as Lara Croft and better with a bow than Katniss Everdeen -- and she's the reason I fell in love with Horizon Zero Dawn.

I've never been tempted to play all the way through massive, open-world role-playing games like Dragon Age, Skyrim or The Witcher. ...But, with Horizon, 30 hours sounds like barely enough time. I wish it were 60 hours long. I wish it were an infinite MMO that I could live inside of for years to come. Finally, I understand open-world RPGs.

Aloy's personal journey is intrinsically tied to the broad mysteries hovering over Horizon's world, and each new revelation unfolds beautifully throughout the game. The team at Guerrilla Games have crafted a powerful narrative headlined by an equally compelling protagonist