Horizon Story Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yall are seemingly wanting Faro to be some evil genius with a master plan. In reality he was a delusional fukk up. He felt like if the new humans were given the old ones tech that they could end up in the same position so he destroyed APOLLO and killed the Alphas to stop that because of the guilt making the Faro robots caused him. He wanted them to have a clean slate.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea, i'm thinking ted faros had something to do with hades being activated....he probably did it out of guilt....he never wants anyone to know that he was the reason humanity got wiped out....so when shyt started going good on earth, he activated hades to wipe that shyt out again....cause eventually whomever is in space would want to come back to earth and/or someone from earth would contact them....and he doesnt want that shyt to happen.....he just didnt count on aloy being there to stop it....

if not ted, maybe gaia herself....i say that cause hades was supposed to be the backup plan to fix shyt if it went wrong with what gaia created.....maybe she doesnt want that backup plan and the freedom to create whatever...

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
:dame: That Swarm AI ain't dead, brehs. Who y'all think sent the signal to activate Hades? :lupe:

Ending made it look like Sylens gonna be the villain for the next game but I think there's something bigger in the cut.
I think Sylens is actually one of the heroes..He wants to find the truth any means necessary and him doing so = Aloy will be there to kill the evil that he uncover..

There are many mysteries left like what happen to Ted, who sent the signal to awake Hades, and who hacked the Feros robots in the 1st place..

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
Sylens isn't a villain but he's not a good guy either. He's just a seeker of knowledge by whatever means necessary. That will likely bring him into direct conflict with Aloy though.

My question is where does a sequel go with the plot and gameplay. Would it really make sense to fight the same terraforming robots again when HADES has been removed from power or will they build HEPHAESTUS up as an antagonist?
So many diffrent direction they could go in..

1. What happen to Ted Feros
2. A new regime from the west or anywhere in the world trying to take over the earth.
3. The people who left to space coming back to claim the land
4. Who hacked the fero robots in the 1st place? Aleins, AI intelligence, An illuminati group that wants the earth to themselves?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Just finished and platinumed the game.

That metal flower reveal:wow:

Don't think Sylens will become a villain. Yeah that shyt at the end was a bad look, but you gotta figure dude asked the right question. "Who the fukk woke you up Hades?"

I think Ted or some dudes from the old world sent the signal. They let you know Ted had his own special bunker built. And dude is a scumbag of the highest order. fukk the world over with the plague, then fukk the world over erasing apollo,.. shyt why not go for three :skip:

Also you have to factor in they had moon bases. How long would it take with automation to fab a long term moonbase out. Ride it out on the moon until the earth is healed up in a few hundred years. Ted no doubt would have had the resources for that and Zero Dawn.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The L humans took in this game is worse then Skynet and The Matrix. :mjcry: General Herres :picard: Bless that man, all dem bodies he put on his conscience to save the human race. That shyt was mad depressing.

I'm thinking the signal probably came from that Odyssey project. Maybe it didn't fail like Dr. Sobeck said. Probably :duck:

I feel like Sylens isn't going to be a villain because I don't get megalomania vibes from him, breh just want to learn and making the same mistake of being a pawn to a bigger threat is kind of a repeat to what happened to him in this game...

Man ain't that the truth.

I was wondering up until the reveal...

Me: How the hell did they beat the machines :skip:
Game: They didn't :francis:
Me: :gucci:

Humanity got fukking rocked.. like damn. Sent all those people to die on some false hope shyt. It had to be done, but damn. Ted shoulda got a bullet in between his eyes. Elisabet and those programmers really kept that shyt a secret :gucci:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Humanity got fukking rocked.. like damn. Sent all those people to die on some false hope shyt. It had to be done, but damn. Ted shoulda got a bullet in between his eyes. Elisabet and those programmers really kept that shyt a secret :gucci:

I don't know why Ted Faro was given top level access to the program. They should have had plans to have dude assassinated at some point. Keep taking his money and at some point give him two in the head for fukking up the entire world.

I legit was upset at how he did them Alphas. fukked up way to go.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't know why Ted Faro was given top level access to the program. They should have had plans to have dude assassinated at some point. Keep taking his money and at some point give him two in the head for fukking up the entire world.

I legit upset at how he did them Alphas. fukked up way to go.

Yeah that kinda pissed me off too... the whole zero dawn project was an entire hail mary and you destroying the archive of entire human knowledge was an entire fukk up, you're making the shyt harder because your ego is out of control you dont want the future to curse your name. and the irony is none of these people in aloy's time even know what happened in the past or more importantly know who you are... :scust::mjlol:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

I legit was upset at how he did them Alphas. fukked up way to go.

Like seriously. Second they had to implement Zero Dawn or hell just when the thing began... dude shoulda got his dome peaced :gucci:

The head language/art chick was crying when he told them he deleted apollo. They didn't deserve to die like that, shyt was unnecessary :wow:

Man just spat on Elisabet's legacy

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Like seriously. Second they had to implement Zero Dawn or hell just when the thing began... dude shoulda got his dome peaced :gucci:

The head language/art chick was crying when he told them he deleted apollo. They didn't deserve to die like that, shyt was unnecessary :wow:

Man just spat on Elisabet's legacy

The Apollo project wasn't even Elisabet's, it was the Iranian chicks (forgot her name, Samara or something like that)

(I just seen you did post it... my bad, reading comprehension)

But still

It was her life's work that got incorporated into the Zero Dawn project and it got deleted just like that. Pay close attention to when Ted tells them he deleted it, everyone rushes over to her side to comfort her. That part got me beyond fukked up :mjcry:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The Apollo project wasn't even Elisabet's, it was the Iranian chicks (forgot her name, Samara or something like that)

(I just seen you did post it... my bad, reading comprehension)

But still

It was her life's work that got incorporated into the Zero Dawn project and it got deleted just like that. Pay close attention to when Ted tells them he deleted it, everyone rushes over to her side to comfort her. That part got me beyond fukked up :mjcry:

You know what I imagine the sequel is gonna touch on is that someone made a digital copy of the information and it's out there somewhere... No one, NO ONE makes a huge monumental cradle of knowledge like that without there being a backup somewhere in case shyt goes wrong...

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
You know what I imagine the sequel is gonna touch on is that someone made a digital copy of the information and it's out there somewhere... No one, NO ONE makes a huge monumental cradle of knowledge like that without there being a backup somewhere in case shyt goes wrong...

There was a prototype copy that was on the Odyssey spaceship that got destroyed ( or supposedly.... got destroyed :mjpls:)