Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Think I’ll wait for a sale on this one

No matter how many times I tried to play and enjoy the first I always put it down and forget about it

Something about it just never clicks for me

they seem to have addressed everything that kept me from getting into the first one (I tried playing thru the game about 4x)

the main problem for me was I played it years after the fact and just simply wasn’t impressed by some of the limitations that existed when you compare it to a game like BOTW that came out the same year…it wasn’t a bad game but it just seemed to offer a very average gaming experience that I couldn’t get into…and I don’t feel like I need to put in 20 hours into a game to determine if I like it or not lol

I’m low key excited for this one tho based on what I’ve read and seen so far

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
No you gotta wait for launch to download the ps5 version
giphy.gif

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
they seem to have addressed everything that kept me from getting into the first one (I tried playing thru the game about 4x)

the main problem for me was I played it years after the fact and just simply wasn’t impressed by some of the limitations that existed when you compare it to a game like BOTW that came out the same year…it wasn’t a bad game but it just seemed to offer a very average gaming experience that I couldn’t get into…and I don’t feel like I need to put in 20 hours into a game to determine if I like it or not lol

I’m low key excited for this one tho based on what I’ve read and seen so far

Did you get BOTW and the first one the month before? If so, that might have been your issue. I had to left enough time lapse to get BOTW off my mind to give this a chance. I'm glad I did. I would say that the way the inventory and items in particular works extremely well in how it promotes exploration of the game because you can scour the world for supplies and to level up by fighting the robots. BOTW is another animal, get that out of your head breh. Great story, Aloy is dope. Give it a chance.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did you get BOTW and the first one the month before? If so, that might have been your issue. I had to left enough time lapse to get BOTW off my mind to give this a chance. I'm glad I did. I would say that the way the inventory and items in particular works extremely well in how it promotes exploration of the game because you can scour the world for supplies and to level up by fighting the robots. BOTW is another animal, get that out of your head breh. Great story, Aloy is dope. Give it a chance.

I definitely played BOTW before HZD even tho I bought HZD first…it just took me a while to finally play it…my PS4 didn’t get much burn last gen…I played the XB1 and even the switch far more

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I definitely played BOTW before HZD even tho I bought HZD first…it just took me a while to finally play it…my PS4 didn’t get much burn last gen…I played the XB1 and even the switch far more

The gameplay of damn near everything immediately after BOTW felt limited. Like I said, BOTW is something entirely different. HZD grabbed me with its interesting take on the post apocalyptic type world, the fights are cool, the feeling as if the robots have really overrun the world. I'm nitpicking here but there are a few things I'd love to see fleshed more. Stealth and the damn waypoint system is all over the place. A last point is that I wish that there weren't zones for certain types of robots. Like, no specific reason is given as to why certain robots only roam certain geographical areas. Like, it doesn't matter where they are and they don't all need to congregate as one group. The robots aren't sentient beings so they shouldn't have human like behaviors of grouping with someone that looks like you.

Again, small gripes but I'd love to see those things addressed.