Hope none of yall use LastPass

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Would y’all say it’s safer to use the notes app on iPhone or is that a big target too:lupe:
I don't think it's practical to not use a password manager anymore. There are too many data breaches to keep track of. A passwords manager lets you use randomized 50 character strings as passwords on different sites and keeps track of them.

Use a password manager and make a password you can reconstruct or remember that's over 20 characters long and store that on an iPhone note. You can encrypt the note by locking it and you can get your iCloud data encrypted end to end now.

FYI if you lose your iCloud password and lose access to your phone that data is unrecoverable if you go that route. Apple basically hands you the key and washes their hands of it.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don't think it's practical to not use a password manager anymore. There are too many data breaches to keep track of. A passwords manager lets you use randomized 50 character strings as passwords on different sites and keeps track of them.

Use a password manager and make a password you can reconstruct or remember that's over 20 characters long and store that on an iPhone note. You can encrypt the note by locking it and you can get your iCloud data encrypted end to end now.

FYI if you lose your iCloud password and lose access to your phone that data is unrecoverable if you go that route. Apple basically hands you the key and washes their hands of it.

Bet. I do use a password manager but with my own made up passwords in there. I do like that rap lyric method tho :patrice:

For all the major stuff I’m probably gonna convert to that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bet. I do use a password manager but with my own made up passwords in there. I do like that rap lyric method tho :patrice:

For all the major stuff I’m probably gonna convert to that.

This is an interesting strategy. He uses a password manager to create a secure password and then he adds 4 or so characters to the end of that to get his actual password. Even if the password manager is hacked the hacker wouldn't have his actual password.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
my amex card got hit with a couple dozen doordash charges a few days ago.

:beli: might be lastpass' fault
decided not to worry about my credit cards. I got alerts on all of them so that if something over $1.00 gets charged i get a push notification and an email.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I left LastPass years ago when they got hacked back in 2015 to later go to 1password, then left them to go to Myki (until they shut down). Lately, I've been using Bitwarden and been enjoying it so far, but y'all gonna have to look elsewhere if you're still using LastPass as they stay having security issues.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I left LastPass years ago when they got hacked back in 2015 to later go to 1password, then left them to go to Myki (until they shut down). Lately, I've been using Bitwarden and been enjoying it so far, but y'all gonna have to look elsewhere if you're still using LastPass as they stay having security issues.
I'm considering 1Password.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
my amex card got hit with a couple dozen doordash charges a few days ago.

:beli: might be lastpass' fault
Found out I got got on Groupon back in October. 2nd time on Groupon. At least it was my Amex on there and got immediately refunded. Amex don’t play dat shyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin