The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
wheres the school?

dr-umar.gif

ReasonableMatic

Daps
nikkas with podcasts that don’t even know the difference between an institution and individuals, speaking on the condition of Black ppl SMH

But I bet you they can tell you about the latest beefs in Hiphop and gossip on the Shade Room in detail.

Last edited:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
:russell:

No one asks rock artists what they’ve done for the white community
Cacs called rock the devil's music and tried to get many artists banned off radio.

Rock was also invented by black people and was shunned by cacs who called it "black music" and questioned its effect on their communities

This was not a good comparison breh

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Lol dude has a valid point but why is he yelling :dahell: Articulate yourself without all them antics

What valid point? He said it hasn't done shyt for the Black community in 50 years. So we really gonna just ignore the stop the violence movement in 89?

The same stop the violence movement that influenced the West Coast to address the gang issue?

All this while in the midst of Hip hop being in the height of the conscious era that had brothers wearing African medallions and dressing Afrocentric. Dr Umar has confirmed numerous times he doesn't know shyt about hip hop history but where the fuk was he in the late 80s/early 90s that he doesn't remember this era? Maybe I'm jumping the gun because I'm just going by this one clip. Maybe there is more and he does mention it in the full version, we will see when the full version is available and if he does I'll stand corrected but based on this clip it sounds like he doesn't know the history.

Last edited:

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
Yeah apart from millions of jobs and opportunities created for marginalised groups (smart ones made it/got out of poverty while crash test dummies maintained the status quo)..its like the grifting game, some missed their opportunity and still begging for donations while others transformed and are making legit money.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he's right at all "Hip-Hop" is a genre of music and in some aspects a culture that people partake in.
However, Hip-Hop is not a PAC, it's not a political party, it's a fukking loose coalition of musicians who do roughly the same
thing.
The problem has been and always will be this desire to place the entire future of Black Americans in the hands of rappers and trumpet players.

They're very good at what they do, which is entertaining but they're not politicians or leaders and reducing Black political organizing and
political thought to fancies of people who are artists firsts and foremost and miles away from Freedom fighters is not only unrealistic
but in the frankest terms...fukking stupid.

Umar himself a cartoonish caricature of legit political figures like Kwame Ture.
Just a clown in a dashiki with a loud mouth that doesn't actually do shyt or speak power to the people.