Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Some things of note:

1. The defense is PUTRID guys...PUTRID. IDK if it's bc Kenny Atkinson is the def. coordinator now. But the difference between Mike Brown and Atkinson is STARK.

2. Klay's shot selection is [insert expletive + word that means "bad"). Book clearly is good at getting under people's skin.

3. Poole's defense is shameful. Like the ONLY thing he should have worked on is defense. His on-ball defense is bad, but my god is his team defense even worse

4. Wiseman is dark-skinned Enes Kanter Freedom, w/o the rebounding ability. 2 rebounds at the half...and he turned that starting lineup into a minus with his first stint in the 1st quarter. Those 4 mins, steph, wiggs, loon, and dray were ALL negatives. All y'all impressed with his scoring must've been HUGE fans of Enes Freedom, no question.

5. Moody is a stud. I love his motor.

6. Team gotta get their acts together. Like seriously. Y'all, they allowed 125+ points for 3 straight games.
The defense is only a natural cause of this team being in auto-pilot during the regular season with an aging core, and none of the younger guys are ready to step up to set the defensive tone (although I do believe Kuminga is, he's not going to get the gametime to prove so). If Poole is who they're tying their future to, than he needs to take it upon himself to do better. There's no excuses for him to be as poor as he is, especially since he doesn't need to take on a heavy offensive workload. He's got it damn lucky he can come off the bench and be flashy without any expectations of being great.

And one thing is for damn sure - the Poole/Wiseman lineups need to end.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
The defense is only a natural cause of this team being in auto-pilot during the regular season with an aging core, and none of the younger guys are ready to step up to set the defensive tone (although I do believe Kuminga is, he's not going to get the gametime to prove so). If Poole is who they're tying their future to, than he needs to take it upon himself to do better. There's no excuses for him to be as poor as he is, especially since he doesn't need to take on a heavy offensive workload. He's got it damn lucky he can come off the bench and be flashy without any expectations of being great.

And one thing is for damn sure - the Poole/Wiseman lineups need to end.
this. guys arent loading up on him like they do steph.

Literally everyone and their mothers talked about Poole's defense. He saw his minutes decrease the deeper the dubs went.

And it looks like he didnt take any of that personally.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's a bad fit for this team. it's that simple. The same way Russ is a bad fit for the Lakers
This. In Kerr's system he needs the following attributes from their center: Basketball IQ, defense, passing, rebounding, effective screening. Wiseman really isn't strong in any of those categories.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Wiseman's biggest problem is he doesn't know he's 7 ft tall. Does he ever stand straight up? 🤔 He's always got a slight hunchback thing going on.

He wasting his genetic gifts playing like a soft 3.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
What's going on with Kuminga?

He seems emotionally checked out rn.
:unimpressed:

I know his playing time probably isn't to his liking with Dante and Moody chipping away at it. But it should go back up with DD's injury, although it didn't tonight. 😬

Which leads me to ask...

Is he in Kerr's doghouse?

I know he wasn't pleased with the low energy low effort of the second team vs Denver and Sac. Wonder if he meant JK specifically?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Realistically we need a center like Bogut.. but who is on the market that can give you that same skill at that position.. someone who looked to pass first and rim protect? I still say Sabonis is the closet who will fit in the warriors system…

@Gil Scott-Heroin since Mike B over there he might try to make the trade happen and bring wise-man over to sac..

Robbo

All Star
Daps
Well if Wiseman is going to struggle it's best that it is now. I still see some good things in flashes.. but maybe I'm just looking for those. If he has the same negative impact at the end of the year then we can put it to bed.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
Well if Wiseman is going to struggle it's best that it is now. I still see some good things in flashes.. but maybe I'm just looking for those. If he has the same negative impact at the end of the year then we can put it to bed.
Well said.. Losing definitely isn’t fun but I’m feeling more nonchalant about this loss than I would have in previous years. We knew there would growing pains incorporating all of the young players this year with their increase in minutes and roles. Kerr traditionally experiments with hella different lineups during the regular season and the team looks vulnerable until he finds the best combinations. Long season ahead I’m chillin and trusting the process.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
We still got a seat for you if you change your mind, Coach.

x2tzw8dkccbyhqw0sa54.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.