Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps

Playing big?
Wiseman's impact was the story of the game?

:mjlol:

What's hilarious about this 50sec clip is, the creator put in a clip where Wiseman isn't doing anything on the play [Wiggins to Green 3], puts in another clip where he doesn't screen Lonnie properly, which results in Lonnie being able to easily recover and knock the ball away from him, and then another clip where he lets a 6'9 G-League player outmuscle him on a rebound opportunity.

But the most funniest thing of all is -

When he's narrating at the very end with "all of a sudden, we've got a 7ft1 guy playing big" and the accompanying clip is Wenyen Gabriel knocking him to the floor on another rebound opportunity.

I see in the comments too, where someone brings up Wiseman's +/-, and the creator replies with "because the Lakers slid Bron to the 5 during a bunch of his min, but big picture he was doing what we need to do" - like what the fukk does that even mean? Never mind the fact that Bron barely played any minutes at center when Wiseman was on the floor.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
Playing big?
Wiseman's impact was the story of the game?

:mjlol:

What's hilarious about this 50sec clip is, the creator put in a clip where Wiseman isn't doing anything on the play [Wiggins to Green 3], puts in another clip where he doesn't screen Lonnie properly, which results in Lonnie being able to easily recover and knock the ball away from him, and then another clip where he lets a 6'9 G-League player outmuscle him on a rebound opportunity.

But the most funniest thing of all is -

When he's narrating at the very end with "all of a sudden, we've got a 7ft1 guy playing big" and the accompanying clip is Wenyen Gabriel knocking him to the floor on another rebound opportunity.

I see in the comments too, where someone brings up Wiseman's +/-, and the creator replies with "because the Lakers slid Bron to the 5 during a bunch of his min, but big picture he was doing what we need to do" - like what the fukk does that even mean? Never mind the fact that Bron barely played any minutes at center when Wiseman was on the floor.
I think you're reaching here or looking from a different perspective.. no one is expecting him to be the Steph of big men (changing the game). He's the first real legitimate big we've had in a long time that can put the team in an advantage or avoid a major disadvantage due to size. We saw what size can do to them..and though they are able to get through it because of the shooting, player/ball movement and active hands on defense, it will help having a big that can play starter minutes and keep the 5 position at an advantage. I love Looney, but he still has a lack of size and trouble finishing at the rim at times. Other big men that had size (Mcgee, cousins) couldn't play real starter minutes. Another (Bogut) was hurt a lot, so let's see where Wiseman ends up.

Daps
I think you're reaching here or looking from a different perspective.. no one is expecting him to be the Steph of big men (changing the game). He's the first real legitimate big we've had in a long time that can put the team in an advantage or avoid a major disadvantage due to size. We saw what size can do to them..and though they are able to get through it because of the shooting, player/ball movement and active hands on defense, it will help having a big that can play starter minutes and keep the 5 position at an advantage. I love Looney, but he still has a lack of size and trouble finishing at the rim at times. Other big men that had size (Mcgee, cousins) couldn't play real starter minutes. Another (Bogut) was hurt a lot, so let's see where Wiseman ends up.
My perspective is reality.

:manny:

Lakers scored 15 points on him (6-9 from the field) in 17 minutes, which was the highest rate that any Warriors player gave up. He set terrible screens, he failed to really take advantage in the PnR against a 6ft9 G-League player, and didn't really do anything to generate his own offense. In the two main stints he had on the floor, the Warriors' offense fell off a cliff and the Lakers took advantage.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Question for yall that watch more NBA than I do:

Is Wiggs a better player than PG13 at this point of their careers?

Status
Not open for further replies.