Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
How's everyone feeling about Kuminga getting 5 minutes yesterday, while Ty Jerome and Anthony Lamb got 15+?
:jbhmm:

And this is with both Steph AND Wigs out.

I know peeps don't care much about Moody, Rollins, PBJ, and definitely not Wiseman. But it can't be the move to have them all up here riding pine while average 2-way players get all the minutes.
I guess you have to ask yourself - is winning games without Steph more important, or is it developing the young guys all for the sake of?

:manny:

For the record, I don't think Kuminga was particularly good in the minutes he got yesterday. Albeit it was only a handful of minutes, but he couldn't get anything going offensively, and the other options that were in his place provided more on that end. Who knows, he's been playing a lot lately and perhaps it was just a decision to spread more time among the other players to keep them in sync.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
I guess you have to ask yourself - is winning games without Steph more important, or is it developing the young guys all for the sake of?

:manny:

For the record, I don't think Kuminga was particularly good in the minutes he got yesterday. Albeit it was only a handful of minutes, but he couldn't get anything going offensively, and the other options that were in his place provided more on that end. Who knows, he's been playing a lot lately and perhaps it was just a decision to spread more time among the other players to keep them in sync.
I agree, JK didn't have the best game (5 minutes). He settled for some jumpers instead of slashing, and looked a little confused on some rotations.

This is an expected part of the growth process.

But I take exception to the misnomer that sitting rookies automatically = winning games, and "playing rookies = losing games".

As we've already seen this year, this is not cut and dry. We've won games where JK got good minutes. And we've lost games when all the rookies mostly sat.

But beyond that, ANY INVESTMENT COMES WITH A COST. Specifically patience and opportunity cost.

Are they invested in developing these young guys, or not? If not, get them the hell out for some vets. If so, then pay the cost and trust the process.

What I'm seeing with my own eyes, is a CONFLICT of philosophy. Seemingly at the management level.

Are Myers and Lacob on the same page? Kerr?

Daps
But I take exception to the misnomer that sitting rookies automatically = winning games, and "playing rookies = losing games".

As we've already seen this year, this is not cut and dry. We've won games where JK got good minutes. And we've lost games when all the rookies mostly sat.

But beyond that, ANY INVESTMENT COMES WITH A COST. Specifically patience and opportunity cost.
Where was this stated or insinuated in my post?

The winning games part is about going with what works during the game, and not beholden to just playing the young guys to develop in sacrifice of that, particularly now there's no margin of error with Steph out. A bad team with no expectations can just play young guys for the sake of, but as we all know the Warriors aren't that team. It's why they've opted to run JaMychal more than Wiseman because they identify he can provide more impact and is less of a hinderance.

They can't be stuck chasing their tail with the two timelines.

They don't have time to just allocate to all three to bring them up to speed, particularly given two of them are behind the curve. The cost of those investments have them burning into the red, and it's painful to watch the organization and the fans keep believing in one of them as if he's going to turn it around, and not put all their resources and focus into cutting their losses and moving on.

In all my years of watching hoops, I haven't seen anything quite like it.
Are they invested in developing these young guys, or not? If not, get them the hell out for some vets. If so, then pay the cost and trust the process.

What I'm seeing with my own eyes, is a CONFLICT of philosophy. Seemingly at the management level.

Are Myers and Lacob on the same page? Kerr?
Once we've moved past this period we'll get to know the true story behind where Kerr and Myers/Lacob sit on this. On a surface level, it's quite evident that they're not all on the same page with the direction this squad is headed in. It's why I wished Steph was more of an a$$hole, because someone like Bron would've told them to abandon this shyt long ago and stop wasting his time. Steph is simply too benevolent for his own good.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Where was this stated or insinuated in my post?

The winning games part is about going with what works during the game, and not beholden to just playing the young guys to develop in sacrifice of that, particularly now there's no margin of error with Steph out. A bad team with no expectations can just play young guys for the sake of, but as we all know the Warriors aren't that team. It's why they've opted to run JaMychal more than Wiseman because they identify he can provide more impact and is less of a hinderance.

They can't be stuck chasing their tail with the two timelines.

They don't have time to just allocate to all three to bring them up to speed, particularly given two of them are behind the curve. The cost of those investments have them burning into the red, and it's painful to watch the organization and the fans keep believing in one of them as if he's going to turn it around, and not put all their resources and focus into cutting their losses and moving on.

In all my years of watching hoops, I haven't seen anything quite like it.

Once we've moved past this period we'll get to know the true story behind where Kerr and Myers/Lacob sit on this. On a surface level, it's quite evident that they're not all on the same page with the direction this squad is headed in. It's why I wished Steph was more of an a$$hole, because someone like Bron would've told them to abandon this shyt long ago and stop wasting his time. Steph is simply too benevolent for his own good.

Yeah, they backed themselves into a corner with the "two timelines" strategy. Now they got time, money, and huge egos invested. It's become it's own problem - on top of the young guys not being ready.

Re: Steph being more demonstrative in mgmt decisions.

His "kindness" (or passiveness) has always doubled as a weakness in various situations. This one included.

CONSPIRACY THEORY...

What if Steph faked, or exaggerated his injury in order to force the front office's hand on the two timelines strategy?
:youngsabo:

It would definitely be the passive aggressive approach, that keeps his image clean.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah this is crazy wtf is going on, they bout to be on national tv with this rotation? Moody came up with some big numbers last year when folks sat out, he should see 30 minutes tonight.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
So is this is who's out tonight?
- Wigs
- Steph
- Donte
- JMG

While banged up but probable
- Klay
- Kuminga

iu

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah this is crazy wtf is going on, they bout to be on national tv with this rotation? Moody came up with some big numbers last year when folks sat out, he should see 30 minutes tonight.

So 2/3 of your dynasty three is probable to play but y'all in here making a fuzz? :what:
Put on your big boy pants and play basketball man...

mobile01-8469959acab44e350c3be51360dfc4d5.gif

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
So 2/3 of your dynasty three is probable to play but y'all in here making a fuzz? :what:
Put on your big boy pants and play basketball man...

mobile01-8469959acab44e350c3be51360dfc4d5.gif

Ain't nobody tripping playboi.
:pachaha:

If we want to discuss injuries or televised games, we will, because.....

This is the Warriors thread.

17finals-celebration-trophy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.