Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
- they've been able to run lineups with better spacing
- they've been able to have more continuity with the offense, because they're not abandoning the principles of the system to coddle someone who's incapable of playing in it (who can forget all the times he was on the floor, and they'd run PnR, senselessly, diluting all the ball and player movement).

That has allowed Steph to be more of who he is. He was getting frustrated whenever he was on the floor with Wiseman, which he hasn't since he got DNP'd.

Removing him from the rotation was addition by subtraction.

However, that still doesn't take away from the fact they've still got issues, they're just not as destructive as whenever Wiseman was on the floor. Furthermore, he's still hurting the team by not being able to play, because if he had any value, whatsoever, they could trade him for pieces that actually helped the team.
Wiseman being a net negative was never the debate though. People have been getting pushback for saying this team has larger issues than Wiseman. All those blown leads and losses in close games were being blamed solely on Wiseman. His playing time was hurting the team but he was never the iceberg that split the titanic in half.

Anthony Lamb and Kuminga are just shuffling chairs on the titanic. So on one hand your two timeline beef is 100% correct but that’s not the debate we’ve been having this season.

Daps
Wiseman being a net negative was never the debate though.
I mean, are we really going to ignore the infinite amount of goal-post moving from when he was going to be the next generational big man, a future centerpiece of the franchise, a HOFer, an All-Star etc, to now where the defense is 'he's a net negative, but there are other issues'.

:unimpressed:

Would you like me to link all the posts this season when dudes were hyping him up? Even posting James Wiseman apology letters for folks to sign.
People have been getting pushback for saying this team has larger issues than Wiseman.
Nobody has been a "larger issue" than him.

If you're of that belief, and you believe that Wiseman is a net-negative, who on the team is worse and what position has been more compromised, than Wiseman and the frontcourt?
All those blown leads and losses in close games were being blamed solely on Wiseman.
Nobody ever is the sole reason, all the time.

He is, however, been the biggest reason for why they were performing like they did. I mean, that is inarguable. Worst defender on the squad, and they couldn't run the offense whenever he was on the floor. Whatever other problems that have are not inherently as bad as that. Whatever emphasis you think was unwarranted on him being blamed is a reflection of the expectations he had, and how y'all were reaching for reasons to convince yourselves he was any good in the first place.

Let's be honest here, a lot of y'all were fooled by him, and this pushback of trying to argue whatever the fukk it is about him not being that bad is no more than trying to reason with yourselves why you saw anything in him in the first place.

Anyone bringing up Wiseman as any sort of defense at this point is only telling on themselves, especially those who don't even watch the games.

Daps
Other issues with the squad should be talked about, but that shouldn't give cause for folks to say bu-bu-but I thought y'all said Wiseman was the problem.

He was the cancer.

That doesn't mean the body of the team doesn't have other ailments that need to be addressed.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I mean, are we really going to ignore the infinite amount of goal-post moving from when he was going to be the next generational big man, a future centerpiece of the franchise, a HOFer, an All-Star etc, to now where the defense is 'he's a net negative, but there are other issues'.

Would you like me to link all the posts this season when dudes were hyping him up? Even posting James Wiseman apology letters for folks to sign.

If you're of that belief, and you believe that Wiseman is a net-negative, who on the team is worse and what position has been more compromised, than Wiseman and the frontcourt?

He is, however, been the biggest reason for why they were performing like they did. I mean, that is inarguable. Worst defender on the squad, and they couldn't run the offense whenever he was on the floor. Whatever other problems that have are not inherently as bad as that. Whatever emphasis you think was unwarranted on him being blamed is a reflection of the expectations he had, and how y'all were reaching for reasons to convince yourselves he was any good in the first place.

Let's be honest here, a lot of y'all were fooled by him, and this pushback of trying to argue whatever the fukk it is about him not being that bad is no more than trying to reason with yourselves why you saw anything in him in the first place.

Anyone bringing up Wiseman as any sort of defense at this point is only telling on themselves, especially those who don't even watch the games.

Im flattered that you wrote a novel but the bottom line is that this team needs a trade. As constructed, this team will be lucky to participate in the play-in tournament even if Wiseman doesnt play another minute this year.

If you want to say you won some type of trophy for being right about Wiseman being a bust then thats fine. You won Gil, we all concede that. Fact remains this team is in trouble at the moment.

Daps
Im flattered that you wrote a novel but the bottom line is that this team needs a trade.
I mean, isn't that the ultimate goal here - to maximize the time Steph has left? Haven't I been arguing this point the entire time?

They can't do that if Wiseman, and/or Moody and/or Kuminga are racking up DNPs, wasting roster spots, and their value is dead in the water to facilitate any kind of a meaningful trade to put this team in a position of where they should be. That's why despite Wiseman not taking the floor, he's still hurting the team, indirectly. It's why I don't see any point in defending him when they lose (without him) when it's still an indictment against him.

I remember folks balking at the thought of a trade of that #2 pick for Marcus Smart.

Just imagine how much better they would be with Smart, which would also mean they would've already addressed their big man situation long ago, instead of wasting the last 2-3 years on a big who they're not even willing to play anymore. That trade would've killed two birds with one stone. Now, they're dealing with the worst of both worlds - can't play Wiseman and can't trade him.
As constructed, this team will be lucky to participate in the play-in tournament even if Wiseman doesnt play another minute this year.
They'll still get a playoff spot, regardless, but that is besides the point.

This is what I tried to illustrate last season that they needed to make a trade, as any regular season success was only a red herring. By some miracle, they managed to defy all odds and achieve the improbable, but doesn't mean it was the right thing to do. Which is why we're seeing it all come to a head now.

This situation was inevitably going to rear its ugly head.

Now everyone can see that drafting Wiseman and trying to run this two timelines scam was never the play.

Daps
At this point, someone like Poeltl is the most realistic option, but that would mean sending out a pick (attached to at least one of Wiseman/Moody).

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
However, that still doesn't take away from the fact they've still got issues, they're just not as destructive as whenever Wiseman was on the floor. Furthermore, he's still hurting the team by not being able to play, because if he had any value, whatsoever, they could trade him for pieces that actually helped the team.

Damn that boy James can't catch a break. Now he's catching strays from the BENCH.
:deadrose:

iu

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
What seeding are y'all realistically expecting the dubs to get this year?

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps

I ain't been in this thread for long, but I see you've been early against Wise. You won. No one can take that away. We arguing minutia for ego snacks at this point.

Take your victory lap, then let's move on to the rest of the team.

Anyone defending him at this point is spiraling and coping.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
There are a lot of negatives so far, but on the positive...

JP looks a lot better off the ball with Dante on the 2nd team. Let's hope they stick with this, minimize his dribbling, and keep the ball swinging.

Dray is still playing with intensity, urgency, and is a perfect Robin to Steph's Batman.

2-way Wigs is solid, efficient, mostly consistent, and worth every penny.

Ty Jerome is catching DNP strays, but he played a capable backup point. Should keep him around in case of injury.

Dubs are 5-1 at home.

It's still early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.