Hollywood Rock

James Dean

All Star
Daps
I just copped a torrent from WWE RAWS and Smackdown from 2003 so I could truly sit and watch this dudes antics every week. I missed a bit of 2003.

Cot damn, Rock was killing it. And not even in the popular segments like the concerts or vs Hurricane. Little things like backstage segments were off the charts. These are things that get overlooked when talking about this run.

:wow:

James Dean

All Star
Daps
My favourite version of Rock by far, you could tell he was totally comfortable in his role and status in the company, dude was just having fun out there :salute:

Plus the GOAT Titantron and theme, that extended organ intro :wow:
Yes man!

To me what seals the deal is the little things. I dont think most people picked up on some of the little things he would do.

Like in his match with Hogan in 2003. Taking Hogans bandana and putting it on his head.

In that same match stealing Hogans pose while doing the peoples elbow.

RockHogan.gif

Dancing in his matches with Jeff Hardy to mock him.

Even this shyt here had me rolling.

tumblr_m1u4fdk3kg1qk0e3do1_250.gif

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
Was uis actual prime charisma wise...shame the wwe populsrity was already away from its peak because it would be a debate who was the goat mic eorker between him and everyone else

Mick had passion but this nikka rock channeled something else when he went heel hollywood. He was the most arrogant and confident man in wrestling history rivaling ric flair from those nwa days and hogan of the 80s with how he spoke. Some of the best crowd work back then.

Its crazy though hoe the more muscle he adds the less charismatic he got...dude was a slim 260 in those days and was a better and more entertaining actor 10 years ago then he is now as basically a samoan hulk

James Dean

All Star
Daps
Was uis actual prime charisma wise...shame the wwe populsrity was already away from its peak because it would be a debate who was the goat mic eorker between him and everyone else

Mick had passion but this nikka rock channeled something else when he went heel hollywood. He was the most arrogant and confident man in wrestling history rivaling ric flair from those nwa days and hogan of the 80s with how he spoke. Some of the best crowd work back then.

Its crazy though hoe the more muscle he adds the less charismatic he got...dude was a slim 260 in those days and was a better and more entertaining actor 10 years ago then he is now as basically a samoan hulk
True that.

Although I think the charisma is still there, its more apparent in his outside projects. Interviews, movie one liners, Social Media etc. Hes been killing it in the real world.

In WWE its hit and miss these days with him. Which funnily enough, hit and miss describes the state of the product.

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
True that.

Although I think the charisma is still there, its more apparent in his outside projects. Interviews, movie one liners, Social Media etc. Hes been killing it in the real world.

In WWE its hit and miss these days with him. Which funnily enough, hit and miss describes the state of the product.
Idk bruh...i know hes strictly good pr now but dude comes off cena 2010 corny all the time

That last two rund he did with the wwe showed it when he had like 2 good promos over 2 yesrs and the basic agenda was they were maybe scripted. Dude is a nesr 300 pound roided up movie star yet he wants to play the underdog/inspirational figure

Hes ok but he needs to play a bad guy in a movie that lets him roll with the character and show he can still be that unbelievably arrogant sob who u couldnt help but watch

James Dean

All Star
Daps
Idk bruh...i know hes strictly good pr now but dude comes off cena 2010 corny all the time

That last two rund he did with the wwe showed it when he had like 2 good promos over 2 yesrs and the basic agenda was they were maybe scripted. Dude is a nesr 300 pound roided up movie star yet he wants to play the underdog/inspirational figure

Hes ok but he needs to play a bad guy in a movie that lets him roll with the character and show he can still be that unbelievably arrogant sob who u couldnt help but watch
I agree somewhat.

People do forget that face Rock was a corny dude. So technically, the nikka is being himself. Thats why I always cringed when people were pulling that. "This aint Rock, This Dwyane" shyt back during his last run.

Yall nikkas forgot or was to young and wrapped up into things to see he really was the same.

I dont see anything wrong with the inspirational/PR side. People look up to him so its whatever. I was more talking about some of the funny shyt he'll still do in the real world. And in movies like Pain and Gain, his character was hilarious. He still has flashes of his brilliance.

Hes got Black Adam on his plate and this will be his chance to knock out the Villain role you speak of. We shall see.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
remember when main eventers used to be on Raw and Smackdown every week, and not just to spike ratings.

watching these vids pissed me off, not because of the Rock but because it reminded me how much Austin hated his position at the time, but came back rearing to go at the idea of him feuding with Bischoff :beli:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Face Rock wasn't corny. It's how he became a icon. He was more of a bully in late 99 and 2000 than he ever was as Corporate Rock. He murdered everyone on the mic and had the other companies trying to follow his lead...Booker T especially.

The 2000 promos are some of the best promos in wrestling history. There is no one that can do it or touch it. Didn't rely on whining, needing to go back to rapping, or pandering to dying children to be the man.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I know there was no way on earth they were gonna do it...

But sometimes I wish instead of turning Hogan back to Red and Yellow and awkwardly putting Shawn with the NWO, we had a swerve and there was a Hollywood Rock, Hollywood Hogan and What Austin in a stable together (Scott Steiner assuming Austin would almost certainly throw it in the bushes) just to watch fukkery of them interact (Assuming Nash tears a quad and Hall is off the wagon, which is to say both were certain to happen). And have them feud against Booker T, Kurt Angle, Goldberg and up and coming Thuganomics John Cena. Or maybe have them feud with Evolution.

Maybe have like the Dudleyz as their tag team in their stable feuding with the Hardyz for another progamme

Just really for the promos ya know? No way on earth all 3 would agree but man....:banderas:

Brother can dream ridiculously right :mjcry: there was so many piff things that could have happened between 2001-2004 with acquiring WCW and ECW and having the OVW rookie roster