Hollywood fukking up Gugu Mbatha Raw career.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After Belle and Beyond The Lights, why she only getting supporting roles:martin:

This chick along ng with lupita should be a superstar. Beauty and the Beast coming up. You would think she would be Beauty but she playing a maid. :wtb:. Then she playing a woman in love with a CAC slave savior. Man, Hollywood is some bs.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
After Belle and Beyond The Lights, why she only getting supporting roles:martin:

This chick along ng with lupita should be a superstar. Beauty and the Beast coming up. You would think she would be Beauty but she playing a maid. :wtb:. Then she playing a woman in love with a CAC slave savior. Man, Hollywood is some bs.

Sounds like to me she needs to fire her current agent.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Ain't she supposed be in Star Wars Epsiode VIII?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I just watched most of "Undercovers" this past summer. I enjoyed it.

It was alright to me, but played it too safe as a show. Didn't start getting really interesting till the end and I'm a big fan of the spy genre.

To me, it was typical of a 1st season of Network genre show, so I didn't mind it.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You say this like there are tons of black female lead roles up for grabs in the first place.

Well its clear she has something. But as usual Hollywood gonna ruin a good thing. One thing is Belle and Beyond The Lights were written and directed by black women so basically no one else.looking out for black actresses other than black female filmmakers.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
You say this like there are tons of black female lead roles up for grabs in the first place.
Yeah the OP doesn't know WTF he's talking about. How many movies can you think of that has a Black Female lead & is NOT a black movie? Movies that only got a limited release or Indie movies don't count. Gotta be movies that got a wide-theatrical release.

I can only movies I can think of are Halle Berry movies off the top of my head.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those two movies were written and directed by black women, that's why.

Undercovers would have been a hit if it was released now. Show was out too early.