Hold Up! No Pics From Jamaica Carnival 2015!

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
No those are locals... Many of the onlookers are locals that cannot afford to participate so they view in the streets. Again, islands have many white people and people of racial mixes. I always laugh when people have a stereotype or certain islands but it's because it is what they are exposed to like say in Brooklyn when they see a hatian or Jamaican. There are reasons you have this misconception but I am not going to get into that.
My dad is Jamaica i've been to the island a couple times.....Jamaica's diversity is really overstated, the overwhelming amount of people are African descent or mixed with African descent

idk, i'm comparing it to the carnivals in Brooklyn and Aruba that i've been to. in Aruba the tourists are rarely involved in the parade

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
No those are locals... Many of the onlookers are locals that cannot afford to participate so they view in the streets. Again, islands have many white people and people of racial mixes. I always laugh when people have a stereotype or certain islands but it's because it is what they are exposed to like say in Brooklyn when they see a hatian or Jamaican. There are reasons you have this misconception but I am not going to get into that.
Its so fukking annoying when non-Caribbean people think that the Caribbean is nothing but darkskinned black people. Yes there are white people, Chinese people, Middle Eastern people, Indian people, Mixed people etc in the Caribbean. Its a melting pot. Not just dark skinned black people.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its so fukking annoying when non-Caribbean people think that the Caribbean is nothing but darkskinned black people. Yes there are white people, Chinese people, Middle Eastern people, Indian people, Mixed people etc in the Caribbean. Its a melting pot. Not just dark skinned black people.

Exactly I'm mixed myself and people in the states always say you are jamaican you don't look it

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

:what:
yo stfu

both my parents are from the Caribbean and i have known African, Chinese, and European in me
i know wtf i'm talking about

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm talking about based on the demographics. The average person sees New York as a "melting pot." The average person hears Jamaica and thinks of black people. To the average person if you told them that was New York they wouldn't question it. You tell them Jamaica and they'll think you're lying. Say it's Brazil and people will believe it. Say Jamaica and they'll question you.
lol this is the mindset of someone that doesn't travel