Hold Up! No Pics From Jamaica Carnival 2015!

Mr Bubbles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:dahell: The only white people on the Parkway on Labor Day are politicians and cops.

I'm talking about based on the demographics. The average person sees New York as a "melting pot." The average person hears Jamaica and thinks of black people. To the average person if you told them that was New York they wouldn't question it. You tell them Jamaica and they'll think you're lying. Say it's Brazil and people will believe it. Say Jamaica and they'll question you.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I'm talking about based on the demographics. The average person sees New York as a "melting pot." The average person hears Jamaica and thinks of black people. To the average person if you told them that was New York they wouldn't question it. You tell them Jamaica and they'll think you're lying. Say it's Brazil and people will believe it. Say Jamaica and they'll question you.

:dahell:

Jamaica doesn't even have a real carnival history like those other places. If it did, they would have had their carnival months ago like the places with major Catholic influence who all had their carnivals/mardi gras at the same time 2 months ago.

And they didn't have the first one until 1989. The big diaspora versions are older with more history than that. Of course it will look off.

Finally, no streets in NY look like that.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
I think Jamaica carnival is the Caribbean version of a struggle carnival. This just my opinion but islands like Trinidad have carnival on lock.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Jamaica carnival is the Caribbean version of a struggle carnival. This just my opinion but islands like Trinidad have carnival on lock.

Trinidad is the worlds best carnival, it tops Brazil, but in the Caribbean jamaica is the next big thing.. Trinis that live in trinidad themselves come here for it. It has grown so much over the past 5 years

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
those are tourists tho right :ld:
the carnivals i've been usually the nonlocals are to the sides watching :ld:

No those are locals... Many of the onlookers are locals that cannot afford to participate so they view in the streets. Again, islands have many white people and people of racial mixes. I always laugh when people have a stereotype or certain islands but it's because it is what they are exposed to like say in Brooklyn when they see a hatian or Jamaican. There are reasons you have this misconception but I am not going to get into that.