Albums Hit-Boy x Big Hit & The Alchemist --- Black & Whites (Discussion Thread)

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
he CANNOT carry songs by himself. despite him having a cheat code of his son and alchemist doing all the production. but then again, alchemist is used to doing full albums for nikkas who can't rap.
:dead:the alchemist part is sooo true smh...

Yeah ,the game album was great because it wasn't just him..it's still dope though

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
he CANNOT carry songs by himself. despite him having a cheat code of his son and alchemist doing all the production. but then again, alchemist is used to doing full albums for nikkas who can't rap.
to this and @bigdaddy88 do people really not get any enjoyment out of Gibbs, Roc Marci, Boldy, Conway, Benny, Havoc, Prodigy (RIP), Spitta, Evidence, Earl, Action, Armand Hammer, etc? Doesn't have to be all them, but at least some of them? Who would ya'll rather him be doing albums with? Like, I get that Larry June is a limited rapper. I get that not everyone fukks with Earl or Armand Hammer. A lot of The Coli hates Action Bronson.

Who isn't he producing full albums with that he could produce full albums with that everyone isn't getting? Obviously I'd love one with Nas. That seems like it could be possible with the Hit-Boy connection. Kendrick and Q have said they don't wanna do full albums with one producer. Those aren't possible. But he's been doing one-offs for those guys, and Cole, Drake, Em, Paak, Jay, etc. Do ya'll wanna hear albums with cats like Jada, Styles, Banks, etc? Again, those guys don't seem to be interested in doing collab albums with one producer either. Game, maybe...Game just did that EP with Hit-Boy, so maybe that's possible too. Kanye is on the Alfredo sequel with Alc and Gibbs. But Kanye likely wouldn't do a whole project either.

Last edited:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
I hope yโ€™all niccas realize how beautiful this is. Big Hitโ€™s son is literally saving his life. Itโ€™s such a blessing to see his seed lifting him up and preventing him from throwing his life away. It usually works in the reverse, but Hit Boy is doing what he has to do. Feeding his pops when he needs it the most. Glad Big Hit is staying consistent and living out his dreams. One of the most amazing stories in the history of hip-hop.

:wow:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
to this and @bigdaddy88 do people really not get any enjoyment out of Gibbs, Roc Marci, Boldy, Conway, Benny, Havoc, Prodigy (RIP), Spitta, Evidence, Earl, Action, Armand Hammer, etc? Doesn't have to be all them, but at least some of them? Who would ya'll rather him be doing albums with? Like, I get that Larry June is a limited rapper. I get that not everyone fukks with Earl or Armand Hammer. A lot of The Coli hates Action Bronson.

Who isn't he producing full albums with that he could produce full albums with that everyone isn't getting? Obviously I'd love one with Nas. That seems like it could be possible with the Hit-Boy connection. Kendrick and Q have said they don't wanna do full albums with one producer. Those aren't possible. But he's been doing one-offs for those guys, and Cole, Drake, Em, Paak, Jay, etc. Do ya'll wanna hear albums with cats like Jada, Styles, Banks, etc? Again, those guys don't seem to be interested in doing collab albums with one producer either. Game, maybe...Game just did that EP with Hit-Boy, so maybe that's possible too. Kanye is on the Alfredo sequel with Alc and Gibbs. But Kanye likely wouldn't do a whole project either.

I'm not against all the rappers ALC has done full albums with. I loved prodigy (:rip:), I like gibbs, I like benny, and I like currency. however the rest of these dudes are mediocre to bad rappers, and I am not checking for full projects they are involved with.

the alchemist has long standing relationships with the likes of styles p and jadakiss. he could do one with them. obviously nas. wouldn't mind him doing one with ghost or rae. that'd be dope. wouldn't mind him doing a project with j-electronica either.

no one thinks he's gonna do a full album with hov/nas/drake/k-dot or j.cole even tho he's worked with all of them.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm not against all the rappers ALC has done full albums with. I loved prodigy (:rip:), I like gibbs, I like benny, and I like currency. however the rest of these dudes are mediocre to bad rappers, and I am not checking for full projects they are involved with.

the alchemist has long standing relationships with the likes of styles p and jadakiss. he could do one with them. obviously nas. wouldn't mind him doing one with ghost or rae. that'd be dope. wouldn't mind him doing a project with j-electronica either.

no one thinks he's gonna do a full album with hov/nas/drake/k-dot or j.cole even tho he's worked with all of them.
I feel where you're coming from, but those dudes don't seem interested in doing any full collab albums with anyone. The game is filled with one producer collab albums these days, but there's none from Jada, Styles, Jay Elec, Ghost, or Rae. Ghost couldn't even get quality production period on his newest album. Styles doesn't want to use higher level production either. He's dropping albums produced by Vinny Idol and Black Saun. Alc had to wait years to get that one beat to Jay Elec that him and Jay used. Rae's last album was almost 10 years ago. The last time Jadakiss enlisted Alc for anything was 2009/2010.

I don't necessarily think it's as easy as some of ya'll think it is. If a lot of these were as easy as it seems, a lot of them would've happened. That's all I'm saying. I know he's not everyone's favorite rapper, but Roc Marci like him or not is one of the best lyricists to do it.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I was a few days late on this album, but Big Hit proved he could rap when he held his own on a whole album with Game.

Gameโ€™s corny antics aside, heโ€™s not a slouch with his pen or flow.

This solidified it for me.

โ€œWe ainโ€™t eem got enough money to bury lil broโ€ฆโ€

โ€œMama always said why you fool with hood nikkas, I said I donโ€™t know, I guess I see the good in them.โ€

:wow:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I feel where you're coming from, but those dudes don't seem interested in doing any full collab albums with anyone. The game is filled with one producer collab albums these days, but there's none from Jada, Styles, Jay Elec, Ghost, or Rae. Ghost couldn't even get quality production period on his newest album. Styles doesn't want to use higher level production either. He's dropping albums produced by Vinny Idol and Black Saun. Alc had to wait years to get that one beat to Jay Elec that him and Jay used. Rae's last album was almost 10 years ago. The last time Jadakiss enlisted Alc for anything was 2009/2010.

I don't necessarily think it's as easy as some of ya'll think it is. If a lot of these were as easy as it seems, a lot of them would've happened. That's all I'm saying. I know he's not everyone's favorite rapper, but Roc Marci like him or not is one of the best lyricists to do it.
And Al works a certain way where you gotta hunker down where he is and lock in.