Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
i know:sadcam:

jerry is trying to make some money on them jersey sells and keep the cowboys in the news.

Cowboys haven't won shyt since 96 and they're talked about daily, this team doesn't have to do this for headlines. As for Dixon he can kick rocks as far as i'm concerned now that we see he's a complete dumbass.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

This is a long but fascinating piece on Jerry, here are some excerpts...

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ys-owner-jerry-jones-wants-known-football-man

Dale Hansen, the WFAA sportscaster, recalls a famous story: He and Jones were drinking heavily in Austin one night and stumbled into a dance club at 2:30 a.m. when the bartender told them that last call had long passed. "Either you start servin' drinks," Jones said, "or I buy the bar and you're the first son of a bytch I get rid of." Ten minutes later, Jones tells Hansen, "Go to the bathroom." Inside, Hansen discovered a bartender sitting behind a hastily assembled but fully stocked bar; Jones, Hansen and another 10 pals enjoyed mixed drinks until 5 a.m. Hansen was shipwrecked with a hangover until late the following afternoon. "Jones was on 'Good Morning America' at 7 a.m.," Hansen says in awe.
---

Jones wants to win another Super Bowl for many reasons. But one of the biggest is it would prove to the world he can do it without Johnson. "It certainly has been more of a negative for me than it was for him," Jones says of Johnson's firing, his voice rising. Gene's eyes narrow -- she knows where this is headed -- and she shakes her head to warn him. Too late. Johnson's firing "caused him to never have won but two Super Bowls!" Jones says, practically shouting. "I don't give a s--- what it is, but it caused one thing for him: He'll never win but two! I've won three -- and I may get to win five more!"
---

"And if we're not the most popular team," he says, "we're always the most hated team." Is being the most hated team the second-best thing to being the most popular team? "I think I'd trade second-most popular for ... the most hated." Three hours after sitting down, we finally order salads and T-bone steaks, although not the hubcap-sized $65 Cowboy cuts. As we tuck into our meals, a stunningly beautiful woman in her 40s stops by our table. "You don't remember me," she tells Jones, mentioning a decade-ago meeting, but this doesn't jog Jones' memory. A few more hints, still nothing. She stomps off. Jones shrugs and smiles. Then winks at me.
---

By Hour 3 of our Ritz-Carlton introduction -- deep into my second round and his third -- it is obvious that Jones is more irresistible than his fictionalized self. A waitress delivers a cocktail napkin from a female admirer with a scribbled message: J -- I'm over at the bar. Hurry your ass! X C. Jones reads it with a smirk, folds the napkin and leaves it on the table next to his glass of whiskey. The note has no impact -- he keeps rolling.
"I am still so damn mad," he snaps. "I get madder, every day, about missin' him."
Him is Johnny Football.

Last edited:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Cowboys haven't won shyt since 96 and they're talked about daily, this team doesn't have to do this for headlines. As for Dixon he can kick rocks as far as i'm concerned now that we see he's a complete dumbass.

we didn't have to do it for the headlines but this is just another story for jerry and the cowboys. jerry is the ultimate attention whore.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
is tyrone crawford ready to go? i remember all the hype over him in camp last year before he got hurt. i haven't heard much about him in the preseason.