Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs I know we want this team to have leaders, an edginess, and some fight to them, but....I'm not all in on that philosophy if it leads to dumb ass penalties that are drive deterrent (offense) and drive extending (defense). We already know this team can garner their fair share of penalties. The last thing this abysmal defense needs are wounds that are self-inflicted.

Like I have said in the Cowboys' season 13' thread in the past, This team can have all the edge and attitude and the fight to win. But all of that will amount to nothing if you lack talent, have poor coaching decisions, and a GM who is not aware that he needs to relinquish his duties. Yeah those teams the 90's did all sorts of shyt but they had leaders, hall of fame talent, and good coaches/coordinators.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Brehs I know we want this team to have leaders, an edginess, and some fight to them, but....I'm not all in on that philosophy if it leads to dumb ass penalties that are drive deterrent (offense) and drive extending (defense). We already know this team can garner their fair share of penalties. The last thing this abysmal defense needs are wounds that are self-inflicted.

Like I have said in the Cowboys' season 13' thread in the past, This team can have all the edge and attitude and the fight to win. But all of that will amount to nothing if you lack talent, have poor coaching decisions, and a GM who is not aware that he needs to relinquish his duties. Yeah those teams the 90's did all sorts of shyt but they had leaders, hall of fame talent, and good coaches/coordinators.
Ya, but none of that is fixable.

Our GM is arguably the worst in sports. Terrible talent evaluator and salary cap management.

Our coach is pathetic. We've consistently had one of the most undisciplined teams year in, year out during his tenure. And he can't even do basic things a middle school football coach is capable of, such as managing 24 point leads or basic clock management.

We ride with what we got :manny:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I don't get it breh. This is what we've wanted for years. Why do they still suck tho. :why:
It's going to take 2 solid drafts. You can invest high picks in D but you can't do every pick on D and neglect the rest of the team. We're going to need a RT, more oline depth, a possible RB if we don't resign Murray, a QB...etc.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man let the season play out. Historically(in 17 years as a cowboys fans), we've never had a bad defense for back to back season. We always come back the next season improved substantially. Our offense is much improved with twill taking over for miles and wr depth, and a better oline. The defense can't get any worst and looks more motivated. If we can stay in the hunt until mid season when we get our reserves off the injured list then that should be a huge boost to our playoff push. Instead of injuries piling up at the halfway point guys should be returning to us. There already looked like improvement in the raiders scrimmage from the chargers game. Those wide gaps in the front seven weren't there this scrimmage and the linebackers filled them a lot quicker.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
:to: season aint even start yet and nikkas reduced to talking about 70 dollar polos and new era fitteds :dead:

I'm not giving up yet. Not until late October if it should come to that :to:
We're America's Team, every aspect gets discussed. Tune in tomorrow when we're talking about the cheerleaders :krs:

I think the defense is a few players away. To be a top 10 defense I think we're 3 front 7 players (starters) away. Given that Melton and Lawrence are good.

Daps
Reppin
The Bar
I like the fight we are showing in training camp, but I know what is coming. Our defense is gonna be a fukking abortion. I've been a cowboy fan since birth but I gotta say these last couple of years have been killing me. I just turn off my phone on Sunday's to avoid harassment from friends, and most of the time I don't even feel anything after a lose.

It fukking sucks knowing every season that some bullshyt is gonna go down. fukk I feel like a goddamn raider fan.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Mo separated his AC joint he ain't playing Saturday :beli:

Get rid of this bum already :pacspit:

I don't think it that's serious breh...

If it was a real game I think he'd play...

I'm with some of the other posters man....I'm letting the season play out...

Do I think the defense is going to be bad....yeah....but the games ain't played on paper....we'll see how the do once the real games start...