His Dark Materials: Teaser Trailer - BBC

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
The show is dropping parent reveals like it's nothing :dwillhuh:. You would think Lyra learning about who her parents really are would be a big moment, instead of clunky exposition dumps. I really wish the show did more to set up the characters and world to really get me invested, outside of the curiosity of what is going on.

There are apparently witches, but they haven't done a good job in explaining deamons really and how the connection with the humans work.

Ms. Coulter seems to work alongside the Magisterium, but is doing things behind their back. Same goes for snake guy, who she is cool with but apparently he is the one of the few who is jumping between worlds. Don't really know who he is looking for in regular Earth either.

The adults tip-toeing around Lyra is annoying and she's special because she can read the truth telling device I guess, but they haven't really done the world building to establish why it would be such a big deal.

I'm sure all these details are fleshed out in the books and it's only been a few episodes, but so far Ruth Wilson and her monkey continue to be the highlights for me. Along with the mystery of where things are headed.
I can respect them not really explaining the daemons.

I'm assuming the creators just wantes to drop the viewer into the world without holding their hand.

I just finsihed ep 2 and I dig it so far :ehh:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show is cool. Never read the books so
I am lost a bit but this series got one of the best openings and theme song to me. Sounds so epic

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
First 2 eps of season 3 premiered yesterday. Nice start. Season preview looks fire too.

82 on metacritic compared to 69 and 71 for the first 2 seasons

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First 2 eps of season 3 premiered yesterday. Nice start. Season preview looks fire too.

82 on metacritic compared to 69 and 71 for the first 2 seasons

Wait this show is on season 3? I dont remember watching season 2. I gotta go back and rewatch. I was diggin it

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Wonder if we should compare the magistrate to the Uber conservative Catholic supreme court

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The season was a bit incomprehensible as a non book reader but it was beautiful to look at. And the series finale had me a bit :mjcry: