Hiroshi Yamauchi Legendary President of Nintendo Passed Away....

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
70's Babies, 80's Babies and yes even 90's babies stand up. NES, SNES and N64 are the GOAT systems. Hiroshi Yamauchi was President of Nintendo for over 50 years and during his run he gave many of us a lot of sleepless nights playing games. NES was like a nuclear bomb on the home gaming industry. SNES is Legendary and N64 was amazing. He gave us so many many Classic games and memories. Pay Homage:

Nintendo-Characters.png
Isn't he the nikka who refused to change, basically the main reason Nintendo is in the position its in now?
I know its whoever is the main ningga over there. Maybe its not this dude?
Somebody confirm. Either way, his name ain't Miyamoto so instead of making a big deal about this I'll just virtually pour out a lil liquor :manny:

gangsta-lean-pour-liquor_o_gifsoup-com.gif

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Isn't he the nikka who refused to change, basically the main reason Nintendo is in the position its in now?
Somebody confirm. Either way, his name ain't Miyamoto so instead of making a big deal about this I'll just virtually pour out a lil liquor :manny:

Yes he retired in 2002 after being the President since 1949. He's oversaw basically the Nintendo Revolution. He left after the Gamecube Era, I think that was his last system. He went on to be the Chairman of the Board of Nintendo for 3 years after that till 2005 before he fully retired. He was worth 2.5 Billion at the time of his death and was Nintendo #2 shareholder.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Choosing to stick with cartridges over CDs and insisting the N64 be difficult to develop for was definitely his biggest mistake but he still deserves a salute for his work in propelling the industry to where it is today. That Nintendo seal of quality and his strict stance with developers saved the industry in the early years, there's no denying that.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I thought there was already a thread... anyhow, copy/paste

I'm wrapping my head around so much video gaming piff we would've missed out on if it weren't for this man.....

NES
SNES
N64
etc...

even the Sony Playstation (fka: Nintendo Play Station), he was the one who threw the Sony/Nintendo contract in the bushes after hearing Sony had all the rights to the CDs made for the system and drove Ken Kutaragi to ask former Sony president Norio Ohga for the go ahead to make the Playstation their own.

just

:wow: