Hip-hop is dead and buried - but what killt it?

What put the final dagger in hip-hop

• Twitter

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • YouTube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Broadband internet in general

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • It was just bound to happen - cycle of life

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • hip-hop aint dead brah! backpackin in this thread alpha centauri flow!

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Hip hop is far from dead...Hip hop still gets the most interest out of any genre of music right now..The sales dont show it but hiphop culture throughout the world is at an all time high

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
LOL @ The South answers like Diddy didn't shift the game from grimey/gangsta to shiny suits/cristal/flossin and so called "rapping" over fakkit ass jiggy pop beats, the root of the game going downhill can be traced to the release of Puffs album in 97. And what exactly was the east coming out with the south's ringtone reign jumped off? Mims,Chicken Noodle Soup,BAAAALLLIN,Ayo Technology,Kingdome Come...get the fukk outta here blaming one region for the demise of an entire genre of music.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Man fukk you :pacspit:

I know you titled the thread in a way to garner responses but that is straight disrespectful.

There is tons of good music. Turn the radio off homie. Do yourself a favor and download R.A.P. Music by Killer Mike and stfu. Does hip-hop evolve and go through changes? Yes. Does Hip-Hop change and become something different than what you grew up on? Yes.

Nas is dropping an album this year, Kendrick is dropping an album this year, GOOD is dropping an album this year, Killer Mike just dropped a classic, Ab-Soul dropped some sick shyt, Big KRIT went on a streak starting with KRIT Was Here to Live From The Underground, El P dropped dope shyt, wtf are you complaining about.

Go to DatPiff, download Fashawn, Elzhi, and anything by Schoolboy Q or TDE, then come back here and tell me Hip-Hop is dead.

You say fans shouldn't have to dig in the crates for dopeness, but if they wouldn't dig are they still fans?:leostare:

2CHAAAIIIIINNNNNNNZZZZZZZZ

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
dont u mean go buy..Thats the mane reason shyt that comes on the radio comes on the radio. Support shyt that u like and the companies will be more diverse with what goes on the radio

I should've said download legally :youngsabo: my bad bruh.

fukk the mainstream ever fukking with real music. I can't think of a period in time when old heads agreed with what was being played on the radio.

James Brown was considered mainstream trash at one point.:ld:

Coach Gully

Much Respect
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey Management
Tell me what killed this weird ass music (weird as in - it's financially backed by rich stanky salty 50+ year old white men, performed by 35 year old 5'5 nikkas - taken seriously by 15 year old suburban schmucks)

:guilty:

Everytime I read this thread I get pissed off, how can hip-hip be dead when theres always something new and we talk about good hip-hop shyt everyday?

Man..

1317524096143.jpg

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You nikkas complaining are the whats wrong with the "hiphop" that you like.

Not the mainstream, not the south, ITS YOU.

IF Yall would support the shyt yall, then it would get more shine.

I just dont understand how people can be mad because hiphop music is not what it "was" when you are not doing shyt but getting everything for free.

Threads like this are some dumb, The Mainstream is just fine, The underground is just fine, Hiphop is just fine.

Hiphop PROGRESSED, Just because it didnt move in the direction you see fit doesnt mean it is dead.

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
Thread can be reversed any ole way

The truth cant.

David mother fukking Guetta infiltrated hip-hop. It's over. It's white girl music now. justin Bieber will be considered hip-hop next year. Just wait.

you delusional fukks.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I picked BroadBand Internet.

But, there should have been an option fo Dumb Exec Chasing the Next Single gimmick.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Hip Hop also died when the following outsiders 'infiltrated hip hop' ....

Pop band Blondie shouted out Fab Five Freddy

RUN DMC made a joint song and video with rock band Aerosmith...

Puff Daddy brought out Sting to sing a tribute track someone else wrote for him to pay respect to Notorious BIG

Mash Out Posse recorded a song with Boy Band LFO

Timbaland started to work with Justin Timberlake of NSYNC

Snoop recorded a song with Willie Nelson dedicated to Johnny Cash

Or it's just hip hop artists trying out different aspects of art and music making? We've had about a year and a half of a TON of great music and new artists. Hardly dead.

Last edited by a moderator: