Hip-hop demise fact #54325.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Im confused by this, those are 3 very different communities for one and for two, what did they say?

They aren't all that different. To split hairs over beat driven, gay friendly, druggie dance music is futile.

Bicker about what makes one DJ/producerbdriven dance genre different from another if you'd like though.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
They aren't all that different. To split hairs over beat driven, gay friendly, drug music is futile.

Bicker about what makes one DJ/product driven dance genre different from another if you'd like though.

i come from the jungle community so i disagree with whatever sentiment youre pushing here.

i asked you what they are "saying" or "used to say". I asked this because i wondered why youd say it in the first place.

and yes, the trance, house, techno and jungle scenes are very very different, its very divided to say the least.

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
I agree with you 100%. I was just thinking to myself today that most producers ain't really getting the credit they deserve in the media. Imagine oj da juice mane rapping with no beat, that shyt would not fly for one second.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Gucci Mane would be wack, broke and ice-cream-cone-tattooless if there wasn't for Zay and all them fukks who gave him those beats.

You can one star this thread, undap me, whatever yall want. fukking truth remains - in this day n fukkin age, it's 100% straight style over substance.

And in hip-hop terms, style over substance = "beats over rhymes"

And that's why more and more of these rappers (which I consider a highly derogatory term now, slur even...if someone called me a rapper I would stab him in the neck) Dr. Seuss with it, nobody cares, because - beats banging.

2012 - style (or swag, for all you washed up fukkboys) over substance - beats over rhymes.

RIP hip-hop and my condolences to all those "believers" who'll still go online shyt about "how there's good hip-hop to be found"...fukk outta here I aint trying to "look" for good hip-hop.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
i come from the jungle community so i disagree with whatever sentiment youre pushing here.

i asked you what they are "saying" or "used to say". I asked this because i wondered why youd say it in the first place.

and yes, the trance, house, techno and jungle scenes are very very different, its very divided to say the least.

They used to lose themselves in the beat. I'd sell drugs to these kids. Bunch of fukkng dancing fiends. Take a drug...listen to a wordless, droning, pulsating rhythm. Whether a wailing, angelic voice or gay black singer is peppering the shytty music is of little consequence to me.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
And in hip-hop terms, style over substance = "beats over rhymes"

And that's why more and more of these rappers (which I consider a highly derogatory term now, slur even...if someone called me a rapper I would stab him in the neck) Dr. Seuss with it, nobody cares, because - beats banging.

2012 - style (or swag, for all you washed up fukkboys) over substance - beats over rhymes.

Its been like that for about 5yrs plus man.

I see it like this though... you give these lyrical dudes the same beats that Gucci, waka, jeezy, Juicy J, and whatever else sub par rapper receives and I bet you people would consider that Lyrical rapper(Canibus for example) the greatest rapper alive or top 10 of all time.

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
What? You fukker mean to tell me that this shyt

would receive the same amount of dikk-ridage if there wasn't for this particular beat?

[Killa] the fukk outta heaaaaa [/Killa]

Last edited by a moderator:

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I agree with the OP's Hip-Hop is currently being carried production. That not to say beats from the past weren't banging. I just think that the lyrics took your attention away from the production, the beats was the backdrop for the MC now its the main attraction.

I said in another thread with all the **** going on in this country the fact that we dont have a rapper or a group addressing **** of substance is crazy to me.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
I agree with the OP's Hip-Hop is currently being carried production. That not to say beats from the past weren't banging. I just think that the lyrics took your attention away from the production, the beats was the backdrop for the MC now its the main attraction.

I said in another thread with all the **** going on in this country the fact that we dont have a rapper or a group addressing **** of substance is crazy to me.

if you understood the agenda behind current hip hop then this fact wouldn't seem so crazy...there's no point in looking for mainstream hiphop with substance because the "powers that be" (aka Drake's relatives) would never allow this to happen...remember when they deemed Little Brother and others to be too intelligent for the mainstream audience? - im just sayin

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Beats have definitely evolved in a good direction. You guys are saying 2Chainz or Ross would be wack without those beats. The beats would be wack without the 2Chainz or Ross spitting on them.

They go hand in hand and you can never seperate the MC from the beat. Canibus or Common can't hop on a Luger beat and make you feel the same.

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps

5 star 1000 daps

This is actually stupifying. They got all these backpacking idiots talkmbout "oh hip-hop is not just music, its culture, its movement".....

B!TCH

Shut the fukk up.......movement about what? Poppin bottles and simpin strippers?

Hip-hop is a fukkin joke.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Beats have definitely evolved in a good direction. You guys are saying 2Chainz or Ross would be wack without those beats. The beats would be wack without the 2Chainz or Ross spitting on them.

They go hand in hand and you can never seperate the MC from the beat. Canibus or Common can't hop on a Luger beat and make you feel the same.

Jay-Z can hop on any beat and destroy it :childplease: