Highest selling rap albums this week 💿

banner34

Superstar
Daps
Albums that came out years ago constantly outselling all the new shyt can't be good can it?
This just shows that there is no supers coming out of the new generation. In a few years rap music is going to be in trouble if they don’t find the next superstars

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
some of these numbers seem like bullshyt. If we are going by the model of 1500 streams = 1 album sale, that means kendrick had 46.5 million streams just last week on those 2 albums. I'm not buying that. And I'm in no way a drake fan. I've never heard a Drake album from front to back. I just think Aftermath is putting in that bot work for an upcoming tour or something. The same applies to Eminem.

banner34

Superstar
Daps
some of these numbers seem like bullshyt. If we are going by the model of 1500 streams = 1 album sale, that means kendrick had 46.5 million streams just last week on those 2 albums. I'm not buying that. And I'm in no way a drake fan. I've never heard a Drake album from front to back. I just think Aftermath is putting in that bot work for an upcoming tour or something. The same applies to Eminem.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Playlists. That's where a lot of music receive a huge bump. By having song placements on popular playlists.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Nah.

Eminem only has a couple of albums that do really well on Billboard today: Usually Curtain Calls, his latest one, and sometimes TES. He just dropped a deluxe for his latest one last week.

And GKMC always had strong longevity on the charts. It's the longest charting solo rap album of all time.

So, I wouldn't doubt it. Notice how you never see TPAB or even MMLP on these lists.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Nah.

Eminem only has a couple of albums that do really well on Billboard today: Usually Curtain Calls, his latest one, and sometimes TES. He just dropped a deluxe for his latest one last week.

And GKMC always had strong longevity on the charts. It's the longest charting solo rap album of all time.

So, I wouldn't doubt it. Notice how you never see TPAB or even MMLP on these lists.
i'm not saying people aren't listening to the albums, but 46 million streams just the past week on 2 old Kendrick albums???? Maybe it's true, but I just find that kind of hard to believe on albums that old out of nowhere.

McSpacey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i'm not saying people aren't listening to the albums, but 46 million streams just the past week on 2 old Kendrick albums???? Maybe it's true, but I just find that kind of hard to believe on albums that old out of nowhere.
It’s plausible. Kendrick is receiving a lot of press between the Drake beef and his upcoming Super Bowl appearance. It could be people streaming his music to familiarize themselves with his catalog before the Super Bowl.