Heroes Will Return In 2015...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I finally got around to watching the 2 hour premier and it is painfully obvius that the folks behind this show learned nothing from the first go round. There are way too many characters, they are way too spread out all over the map and there are too many separate storylines.
With this reboot they should have taken the opportunity to scale back and just focus on one story with a smaller group of characters.

Also whoever cast that mannish looking British chick needs to be fired. How you going to hire this dude when there are fine ass black Brit actresses out there like Freema and Alicia and Karla?
c4ugQch.jpg

VASxCAY.jpg

u21Aw6t.jpg

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man I couldnt make it past the second episode. This shyt seems worse than before and didn't make any sense from the jump with all the time skipping (7 months ago, 2 weeks ago, 32 seconds ago horseshyt). That video game girl garbage is:mjlol:. Lucha Libre vigilante is corny. I'm not even going to get into how that couple took out a room full of people with powers with a gun and a fire extinguisher. Cancel this shyt now and leave established comic book characters to Fox and The CW. It seems like they learned nothing from the first go round with this show. Still doing the same format with characters all over the planet who are not interesting at all. HRG is the only saving grace but I dont have the patience to sit through this trash again.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, like many others I was hoping they learned something but this latest episode was :skip:for most of it.

First off, the budget for this show is just :huhldup:. The car crash at the end, the fight scene with the Luchador getting his ass kicked, and even some of the cloning with the black dude just looked :pachaha:. This show really has no visual style, which is a shame because the superhero genre is perfect for it. I'm not asking for the show to be on a Hannibal or Knick level when it comes to direction, but The Flash for instance is way better in the special effects department and that is on the CW.

The husband hunting evos turns out to be an evo himself and now has to hide it from his wife :beli:. I think it would have been much better if they just portrayed them as straight evil or psychotic instead of Chuck being conflicted.

C/S on the cross cutting between all the storylines, it really doesn't give any story any dramatic impact. So when Chuck is hiding his powers from his wife and looks like he is about to blow, they cut away. Car crash at the end left me with a :yeshrug:, really no dramatic weight behind it.

Bearded dude with Noah is either a bad actor or got stuck with some bad lines, when he complaining in the warehouse at the end I was :russ:. They should just have him get hurt each week and complain about it to HRG. Speaking of HRG, this whole plot device where his memory is wiped and everyone he meets that could shed some info on what happened not being able to say or refusing to :martin:. Did he just abandon his fiance as well?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yeah, like many others I was hoping they learned something but this latest episode was :skip:for most of it.

First off, the budget for this show is just :huhldup:. The car crash at the end, the fight scene with the Luchador getting his ass kicked, and even some of the cloning with the black dude just looked :pachaha:. This show really has no visual style, which is a shame because the superhero genre is perfect for it. I'm not asking for the show to be on a Hannibal or Knick level when it comes to direction, but The Flash for instance is way better in the special effects department and that is on the CW.

The husband hunting evos turns out to be an evo himself and now has to hide it from his wife :beli:. I think it would have been much better if they just portrayed them as straight evil or psychotic instead of Chuck being conflicted.

C/S on the cross cutting between all the storylines, it really doesn't give any story any dramatic impact. So when Chuck is hiding his powers from his wife and looks like he is about to blow, they cut away. Car crash at the end left me with a :yeshrug:, really no dramatic weight behind it.

Bearded dude with Noah is either a bad actor or got stuck with some bad lines, when he complaining in the warehouse at the end I was :russ:. They should just have him get hurt each week and complain about it to HRG. Speaking of HRG, this whole plot device where his memory is wiped and everyone he meets that could shed some info on what happened not being able to say or refusing to :martin:. Did he just abandon his fiance as well?

Agreed this new Heroes is a fukking mess. I don't expect this to make it past this season.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Still on the fence about this, seems very similar to last time it was on and we know how that ended.

Like its been said, there are farrrrr too many characters in it for you to even both care about them

The black guy is quite cool
:ehh:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Chuck and his wife have the worst chemistry ever. I don't buy them being married and grieving over a kid at all (especially the wife).
They should have made it where Chuck lost a son and the sista lost her boyfriend in the blast and they unite to kill evos.

Also, is J.Lo's Boy Next Door the Spanish Batman or something? Does he have any powers?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally got around to watching the 2 hour premier and it is painfully obvius that the folks behind this show learned nothing from the first go round. There are way too many characters, they are way too spread out all over the map and there are too many separate storylines.
With this reboot they should have taken the opportunity to scale back and just focus on one story with a smaller group of characters.

Also whoever cast that mannish looking British chick needs to be fired. How you going to hire this dude when there are fine ass black Brit actresses out there like Freema and Alicia and Karla?
c4ugQch.jpg

VASxCAY.jpg

u21Aw6t.jpg

Do you say the same thing about every caveman looking white bytch that gets casted? :sas1:

And those chicks you listed are biracial....... :sas2:

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just started watching this now. Realised at the end of episode 3 that this was filmed around here too - so much of it seemed familiar, but the colour of a random bus stop in the background tipped me off. :leon:

I'm pretty sure they even used the Dyad building from Orphan Black. :patrice:

Judy Shekoni breaking the 'Eastenders' curse out here. :ohhh:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched the latest episode and the show functions better to me as a comedy than a drama and its not a good thing.

Molly is the 2nd person to wind up dead when she could have told Noah valuable information :martin:. Instead of building mystery and intrigue as to what really happened on June 13th, it comes across as lazy writing and frustrating to the audience. Little bearded dude going on about his sister and what is happening is jokes though, writers have to know that is comedy. The stuff with Katana Girl as well, which really makes no sense so far.

On that tip was is going on with the white special chick and Pakistani lady, some nonsense about looking up at the sky and having a destiny to save the world. Did she have to turn invincible just to punch dude out :dwillhuh:.

When the priest tried to use his smoke powers and just ended up getting tased :mjlol:

I did finally remember where I knew Taylor from, she was Maya on The 100 last season. A part of me is still slightly curious as to what exactly her mom's motive are on the show and how she is going to harness evo powers to save the world, but the execution of the show has been :skip:to me at least. I gave it 3 episodes and I'm out now.