Help a brother out ! Cardio : before or after weight training ?

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do 30 min hiit before... gives my prewrk time to kick in. Hit the weights. Finally hit the stairmaster or uphill treadmill, powertower, etc on my way out. Rock a hoody, you'll cut drastically.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I do weights, cardio, weights and cardio again. I’m enjoying the results.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Weight lifting isn't enough cardio and doing them on different days isn't neccessary. You would be doing one a lot less if you did. I do both on the same day but to each its own.
Put enough weight on a squat bar and rep out 12 reps with little rest for in between and tell me that ain’t enough cardio...........

@ocmfII

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Still not enough breh. The Rock does the same thing and still does 50 mins of real cardio a day.
He has to put that dat dere cell tech to use.

That said, people neglect not working in intensity on lifting and the cardio that can provide. No need to lift slow AF for an hour then spend an hour on the treadmill.

Last part was general, not directed at you.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
cardio after or integrate into the workout...

warm up

super set
1-2 mins of cardio (jump rope, incline sprints, jumping jacks, burpees, high knees, etc)

super set
1-2 mins of cardio

super set
1-2 mins of cardio

if you're feeling like you have more in you, 3 min mile on the bike w/ 30 sec rest x 3

stretch

go home

Still not enough breh. The Rock does the same thing and still does 50 mins of real cardio a day.
you're also not the rock...i train more like ADD just mentioned...just posted my routine above. my heart rate stays anywhere from 75-95%, usually burn 450-650 calories in 50-55 mins...seems like enough "cardio" from a lift day to me :yeshrug:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
thats more muscle endurance + cardio as a secondary effect
No

Cardio is generally (as we are discussing) a form of exercise that increases your heart rate. You have it backwards. The heart rate elevation is primary with the secondary effect on muscle tissue.