Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Xbox Series S Version

hellblade2.png
dog im fkin dying :dead:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Writing was on the wall when I saw the specs required for 4k 60fps gaming on PC. We have two big name UE5 games meant to be graphically demanding so far.

Both run badly on these consoles, and on PC they will not run a smooth 60fps at 4k unless you have a gpu that costs the same as a ps5.

The only way around this would be for MS and Sony to put more money into first party studios who can engineer exclusive engines to run on their hardware. The decima engine has been holding up so far for example. This has been Nintendo's strategy from the beginning and that's why you can still get games from them that look good(like yoshi wooly world or breath of the wild 2) running on hardware that was already outdated 10 years ago.

But the problem with that, is that you'd have to actually pay workers and pay to keep these studios going. The virus of stock buybacks and obsession with share holder value is driving promising studios into the ground. It's destroying film, its destroying tech, and it's trying to destroy gaming too. They have to put more money into creating the kind of working conditions that produce quality games. Having an IP isn't enough, you need to make new ones and you need to give these employees the pay and staff they need to produce quality products that people want to play.

The success of a game like baldurs gate 3 or elden ring is analogous to the success of a movie like barbie or Oppenheimer. People want a product that clearly has had effort put into it beyond "will this make money"

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Xbox exclusive GOTY on the way :wow:
I mean if you or anyone else feels that way cool, but I just can’t get with fighting one person at a time. And no I didn’t like the first one either that shyt had weak combat to.

The 30 fps doesn’t bother if I gotta keep it a 💯 But the action game aficionado in me just can’t fukk with the one on one shyt:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Writing was on the wall when I saw the specs required for 4k 60fps gaming on PC. We have two big name UE5 games meant to be graphically demanding so far.

Both run badly on these consoles, and on PC they will not run a smooth 60fps at 4k unless you have a gpu that costs the same as a ps5.

The only way around this would be for MS and Sony to put more money into first party studios who can engineer exclusive engines to run on their hardware. The decima engine has been holding up so far for example. This has been Nintendo's strategy from the beginning and that's why you can still get games from them that look good(like yoshi wooly world or breath of the wild 2) running on hardware that was already outdated 10 years ago.

But the problem with that, is that you'd have to actually pay workers and pay to keep these studios going. The virus of stock buybacks and obsession with share holder value is driving promising studios into the ground. It's destroying film, its destroying tech, and it's trying to destroy gaming too. They have to put more money into creating the kind of working conditions that produce quality games. Having an IP isn't enough, you need to make new ones and you need to give these employees the pay and staff they need to produce quality products that people want to play.

The success of a game like baldurs gate 3 or elden ring is analogous to the success of a movie like barbie or Oppenheimer. People want a product that clearly has had effort put into it beyond "will this make money"
Ain’t no magic that First party studios could reach for.

All these new graphical techniques take lots of power period. Decima does good for what it is , but it’s not bringing the level of detail, graphical features, etc that these UE5 titles are.

Elden ring and BG3 are great successes but their performance on consoles is kinda shyt. They get a pass because they don’t have console wars attached to them.

Reality is, as always, consoles are the budget entry into gaming. Sacrifices will always be made. What’s important js the results. If you make a good game, these stats don’t matter. People will play and enjoy your game.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

All hail Decima :bow:

ds2_sop2024_screenshot020.jpg

ds2_sop2024_screenshot003.jpg

ds2_sop2024_screenshot006.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean if you or anyone else feels that way cool, but I just can’t get with fighting one person at a time. And no I didn’t like the first one either that shyt had weak combat to.

The 30 fps doesn’t bother if I gotta keep it a 💯 But the action game aficionado in me just can’t fukk with the one on one shyt:manny:
This ain’t an action game. This is the movie game to end all movie games, People who loved movie games in the past should be very interested in this game.

One on one combat doesn’t necessarily mean the combat is shallow. After playing the first one, my biggest gripe about the combat was the claustrophobic camera and people hitting me from off screen. If they changed that to having meaningful, deep, challenging one on one fights. I think that would be an improvement. Just not sure if they actually accomplished that or not.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Is it being upscaled or nah?
If it’s using medium-high TSR then the native res is a non-issue.

If the game uses TAA tho, that image quality is gonna be a little soft with ghosting artifacts :patrice:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This ain’t an action game. This is the movie game to end all movie games, People who loved movie games in the past should be very interested in this game.

One on one combat doesn’t necessarily mean the combat is shallow. After playing the first one, my biggest gripe about the combat was the claustrophobic camera and people hitting me from off screen. If they changed that to having meaningful, deep, challenging one on one fights. I think that would be an improvement. Just not sure if they actually accomplished that or not.
:mjlol: