"Heat" Shootout Appreciation

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Probably on most days, my favorite movie of all time.

De Niro didn't or was unwilling break his personal code in the end, first, he chose the criminal value system and his own code of loyalty, over his own his heart, and then, he walked away, that is the real heartbreaking moment, for both of them. As she looks out the window, after waiting, getting more and more confused, scared, regretful, she is in so far over her head, then, hope, as he appears. He turns away, and shatters her hopes and heart in that scene.

"There's no point in me going anywhere now, if it isn't with you"

I may have used a version of that linerecently with my Ebie, damn.
I like how he twisted her soul by getting her to agree to everything until the very end where he had to run for it like a common street peddler..all that money...success...escape routes and he had to run like a common thief. Which is what it always comes down to in the end..Goodfellas...New Jack City..all that protection gets stripped away.

---

Superstar
Daps
Loved this movie. Kinda of kept to that rule 30 seconds rule!

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
That's the point tho.

He fell in love and got caught slipping. I've always felt like Pacino should have died in the end, but ultimately the ending (while corny) works the way it is. De Niro's character broke his personal rule and paid the price. Having him "win" (kill Pacino and escape) would have been poor writing.

It wasn't even the love that fukked him, the attachment that he couldn't give up was the need to fulfill his code and exact revenge. Saw the heat around the corner and still went to clip Waingro.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I can understand why Deniro went for revenge....if it wasn't for Waingro's stupid ass, none of that bullshyt would have happened. The desire for revenge can be heavy, especially knowing all that heat could have easily been avoided.

The only thing I don't get is why they didn't just kill Waingro at the beginning when they burned the truck...only to have him meet up with them in a public restaurant, assault him in front of witnesses and then attempt to kill him in a car park where they would have been easily identified.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
That's the point tho.

He fell in love and got caught slipping. I've always felt like Pacino should have died in the end, but ultimately the ending (while corny) works the way it is. De Niro's character broke his personal rule and paid the price. Having him "win" (kill Pacino and escape) would have been poor writing.
This makes no sense because if he was so in love then he wouldn’t have risked his clean get away with his woman to go get that low level clown. The whole premise of Deniro’s character was that he was a master criminal who had everything planned out and had unwavering discipline. That last detour on the way to riding off into the sunset completely contradicted his character. That airport hit wasn’t planned out and it showed a huge lack of discipline. He freestyled the hit out of anger and ego. “Look at me......look at me!” That was personal not business.

Deniro didn’t have to “win” but the airport ending was a wack unrealistic way to end the movie. If he was going to get caught then it should’ve happened in a different way.