Heat 2 coming....possibly with Adam Driver as young Pacino and Austin Butler as young Kilmer

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
He ain't made anything good since the 90s.
89a3592fdc3c313d07b09828c6a197494f579a0d.gif

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I heard the pilot episode of Tokyo Vice he directed was dope but i never watched the show.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mann is my favorite director, and Heat my favorite movie

he's lost some steps for sure since the 90's, but his visual sense of style, is still second to no one, and his insight into criminal pysche. I read Heat 2, it's very genre fiction. Like an airport read, the story has some large absurd elements to it. It's not as grounded in reality as Heat.

There's even a part where he's talking about Ciudad El Este from Miami Vice. The movie, if it was made, will be closer to "Blackhat" than Heat, and I can live with that, but a lot of his fans probably can't lol

All this aside, Ferrari is coming soon, and still doesn't have a US distributor, so it may depend on that movies success to see if a studio will give Mann 150 ms'.

Also have a hilarious story being in LA and running into Mann, I can post later.

share that run-in with michael mann :yes:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
@surf

So, the Michael Mann story is my boys, but I can tell it, he's older than me, even bigger cinema fan than me, he put me on to Dante Spinotti, and Roger Deacons, I want to say he went to film school too, loves Mann, lives in LA. He hit me up at like 8:30 AM in January, and told me this ----

He's cruising through Palisades one morning on his way to a coffee shop that's pretty famous in the area, and he has a minor minor traffic thing with a guy in brand new 488 gray Ferrari, a much older guy.

So my homie is in the coffee shop, and waiting to order, when he notices the same old man come though the doors, and cut the line, and just start putting in his order, my boy, does one of those like "hey the lines over there", and gestures not that respectfully with his hand

The older man looks at him, head to toe, and just shakes his head a little, and goes to the end of the line. At some point a few minutes later, my homie is watching him read his book, and wait for his coffee, and he realizes it's Michael fukking Mann. He can't recover and say anything, I would have for sure tried to apologize, and buy him a coffee, I don't know.

and to put the true Curb Your Enthusiasim this is just life in LA ending on it, as he's leaving, he hears the barista yell MICHAEL!

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@surf

So, the Michael Mann story is my boys, but I can tell it, he's older than me, even bigger cinema fan than me, he put me on to Dante Spinotti, and Roger Deacons, I want to say he went to film school too, loves Mann, lives in LA. He hit me up at like 8:30 AM in January, and told me this ----

He's cruising through Palisades one morning on his way to a coffee shop that's pretty famous in the area, and he has a minor minor traffic thing with a guy in brand new 488 gray Ferrari, a much older guy.

So my homie is in the coffee shop, and waiting to order, when he notices the same old man come though the doors, and cut the line, and just start putting in his order, my boy, does one of those like "hey the lines over there", and gestures not that respectfully with his hand

The older man looks at him, head to toe, and just shakes his head a little, and goes to the end of the line. At some point a few minutes later, my homie is watching him read his book, and wait for his coffee, and he realizes it's Michael fukking Mann. He can't recover and say anything, I would have for sure tried to apologize, and buy him a coffee, I don't know.

and to put the true Curb Your Enthusiasim this is just life in LA ending on it, as he's leaving, he hears the barista yell MICHAEL!
At some point a few minutes later, my homie is watching him read his book, and wait for his coffee, and he realizes it's Michael fukking Mann. He can't recover and say anything, I would have for sure tried to apologize, and buy him a coffee, I don't know.

my god lmaoooooo!

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Hard to believe anyone is going to give Mann 150 million to do this. Would love to see anything he does, it will never be like 90's Mann, but even Blackhat to me, was worth watching twice in theaters, within a week.