Heat 2 coming....possibly with Adam Driver as young Pacino and Austin Butler as young Kilmer

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
if everyone is being re-cast, why does it have to be "heat 2"? can't it just be it's own heist movie with some other name?
I fully agree but we all know that using "Heat 2" as the title will sell one hundred times the ticket as calling it something else

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Mann also did Miami Vice, Blackhat, and Public Enemies :scust:

And dude is 80 and wants to retire on a high note but doing a sequel to a classic is :francis:
Public Enemies was garbage? I don't think so

I'll give you Miami Vice but I've never seen black hat.

EVERY director has a hit AND miss.

You left Collateral off...

And Thief too.

:hmm:

KingsOfKings

๐•„๐•’๐••๐•๐•š๐•“ ๐•š๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐”พ๐• ๐•’๐•ฅ
Daps
In for this.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
And as always, you got guys mad about a movie they DON'T have to see...

Just don't watch it. :yeshrug:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Mann is my favorite director, and Heat my favorite movie

he's lost some steps for sure since the 90's, but his visual sense of style, is still second to no one, and his insight into criminal pysche. I read Heat 2, it's very genre fiction. Like an airport read, the story has some large absurd elements to it. It's not as grounded in reality as Heat.

There's even a part where he's talking about Ciudad El Este from Miami Vice. The movie, if it was made, will be closer to "Blackhat" than Heat, and I can live with that, but a lot of his fans probably can't lol

All this aside, Ferrari is coming soon, and still doesn't have a US distributor, so it may depend on that movies success to see if a studio will give Mann 150 ms'.

Also have a hilarious story being in LA and running into Mann, I can post later.

Last edited: