HDMI 2.1 is a scam

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread brings me back to 2008 and the selling of $40 6ft HDMI cables:mjlol:

Thata what I’m saying the shyt has always been a scam

The input lag decrease while using hdr is an upgrade which you won’t even notice until you go back to 2.0 and feel the slowness

other than that it’s over blown not some dramatic leap

this 120hz ain’t worth the price 120hz is better than 60hz but not at the price point and the bump in hdr isn’t noticeable unless you do a direct comparison which I guess will look better in newer games but still

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No you're knocking a TV for not having the full 48gbps bandwidth when in reality a 10 bit panel TV with the full 48gbps bandwidth can't saturate the entirety of that bandwidth anyway.

At full bandwidth 4:4:4 with a 10 bit panel it only needs 40gbps for 4K 120FPS.
q44it1HMK-JJAQltUvA4r45UlRAO2uHcXgO3WKZvC9E.jpg

Can you read

I’m not talking about the tv I’m talking about the cables nothing quoted is talking about anything you posted
I got 120hz 4K 10 bit with an 18gbs cable that’s my point you simpleton
The C9 are 12 bit I got the CX because it’s 48 inches and use it has a monitor

the point I was making that buying new cables was over blown

and also the hdmi 2.1 upgrade is overblown it’s not some giant leap

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
What is an LG XC? Do you mean LG CX?

And it's a 10-bit panel, not a 12-bit panel so you wouldn't get full 2.1 experience out of it anyway.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Can you read

I’m not talking about the tv I’m talking about the cables nothing quoted is talking about anything you posted
I got 120hz 4K 10 bit with an 18gbs cable that’s my point you simpleton
The C9 are 12 bit I got the CX because it’s 48 inches and use it has a monitor

the point I was making that buying new cables was over blown

and also the hdmi 2.1 upgrade is overblown it’s not some giant leap
I can read.

In your first post you cite the CX not being real 2.1 when it is. You knock it for not reaching a number that's meaningless for it to reach anyway.

The issue isn't that it's a scam its that 2.1 is ahead of its time. It's a ugly middle tech that by the time we need it HDMI will have moved on to a better spec. Console generations are long enough that when we get out of this one 2.1 will be outdated anyway.

PC users will at least be able to see advantages of 2.1. Console users almost surely won't.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
So after reading further into the thread, it seems you're trying to make a point on something you don't truly understand. 2 quick points and I'm going to go back to spectating:

- the major difference in hdmi 2 & 2.1 cables aside from bandwidth is that 2.1 will support the compression standard DSC 1.2a (https://www.hardent.com/pdf/Hardent_VESA_DSC_encoder_IP_v1_2a.pdf). Which allow for 10K at 120Hz etc...
- most definitions of hdmi 2.1 take the generic approach of saying "up to 48Gbps" but the true number is really more like 42.6Gbps

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This is meaningless because since the TV can't show over 10 bits so it's never gonna use the extra 8 gbps of bandwidth. There is no TV on the market that has the need for the 48gbps.

HDMI 2.1 isn't important right now because at least on a console nothing major is really gonna go over 60fps. You not really getting 4K 120fps on a console.
Ori says hi and fukk you very much :ufdup:

Now I'm not an expert right (maybe I am) but what everyone is waiting for and they don't know it is atsc 3.0 :francis:
smh I’m on pc I was getting 120 hz with the regular hdmi cable what don’t you understand lol
I understand you're a dumbass bytch who is a fukkin moron, sit your dumbass down :dahell: You learning about all cables being the same, it's a scam. Yes, welcome to ten years ago. You probably had monster cables too. I'm enjoying watching you scramble and babble. Keep up the work...
Thata what I’m saying the shyt has always been a scam

The input lag decrease while using hdr is an upgrade which you won’t even notice until you go back to 2.0 and feel the slowness

other than that it’s over blown not some dramatic leap

this 120hz ain’t worth the price 120hz is better than 60hz but not at the price point and the bump in hdr isn’t noticeable unless you do a direct comparison which I guess will look better in newer games but still
You do realize not all HDR content is the same, what did you test exactly?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No you're knocking a TV for not having the full 48gbps bandwidth when in reality a 10 bit panel TV with the full 48gbps bandwidth can't saturate the entirety of that bandwidth anyway.

At full bandwidth 4:4:4 with a 10 bit panel it only needs 40gbps for 4K 120FPS.
q44it1HMK-JJAQltUvA4r45UlRAO2uHcXgO3WKZvC9E.jpg
yup like I said by the time this matters it will either be end of this end or so far alone that there will be a new hdmi or display standard anyway.

unless you are going for 8k game somehow "sooner" than others then 40g throughput is more than fine.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can read.

In your first post you cite the CX not being real 2.1 when it is. You knock it for not reaching a number that's meaningless for it to reach anyway.

The issue isn't that it's a scam its that 2.1 is ahead of its time. It's a ugly middle tech that by the time we need it HDMI will have moved on to a better spec. Console generations are long enough that when we get out of this one 2.1 will be outdated anyway.

PC users will at least be able to see advantages of 2.1. Console users almost surely won't.

it's not HDMI 2.1 capable, it is what it is, that's not an opinion its a fact

all these HDMI versions are just marketing talk, the first HDMI cord ever made will get 4k 120hz if you plug it in the 3080

the only real benefit is when HDR is enabled, I already covered that, and you talking about the first post thats was to merely point out the HDMI 2.1 isn't even needed because you can do 120hz without it, which is a fact, because the CX isn't HDMI 2.1 certified and neither are the punk ass cords

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
it's not HDMI 2.1 capable, it is what it is, that's not an opinion its a fact

all these HDMI versions are just marketing talk, the first HDMI cord ever made will get 4k 120hz if you plug it in the 3080

the only real benefit is when HDR is enabled, I already covered that, and you talking about the first post thats was to merely point out the HDMI 2.1 isn't even needed because you can do 120hz without it, which is a fact, because the CX isn't HDMI 2.1 certified and neither are the punk ass cords
The CX has the same bandwidth as the HDMI output on the Xbox Series X @ 40GBPS. It supports VRR and eArc so what's your point? The new cables aren't needed for what we currently have at 4K.