HBO's new comedy High Maintenance

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Bonus points for featuring bLAck pARty on the soundtrack :wow:

This season reminds me of how it was in the webisodes. The Guy is not as featured as he was in the previous seasons and we seem to be focusing more and more on the lives of the people they're showing each episode. It's different, but I fukks with it.

Also, this Indian lady's voice is :noah:

Last edited:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i used to like this show, but i stopped watching because it was too much fakkitry. they always had fakkits on it, but now it seemed like every fukkin black character is a fakkit, jebus christ. i have no problem with representation in media, but it should be proportional.

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My girl just got me into this show. I really like it.

1. I love how self-aware the writers/producers are about the cac privilege their characters have. It’s a breath of fresh air from every other show about NYC cacs.

2. The concept is so dope. The weed man is a valuable person in people’s lives, and simultaneously an afterthought. It’s cool that he is a background character in every episode, while simultaneously being the star of the show.

3. Visually, I like all the shots of Brooklyn.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
My girl just got me into this show. I really like it.

1. I love how self-aware the writers/producers are about the cac privilege their characters have. It’s a breath of fresh air from every other show about NYC cacs.

2. The concept is so dope. The weed man is a valuable person in people’s lives, and simultaneously an afterthought. It’s cool that he is a background character in every episode, while simultaneously being the star of the show.

3. Visually, I like all the shots of Brooklyn.
Barring pandemic recovery, I'm curious how this show will tackle the impact of the coronavirus on NYC. That is if High Maintenance gets another season.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Wouldn't be surprised if this show doesn't come back. Ben sounds like he's pretty burnt out on it and the ratings haven't exactly been up to par with HBO's standards. For an 8 year run, I'd be content with that finale capping everything off. shyt, I thought S3's was perfect.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
High Maintenance Not Returning for Season 5 at HBO

And there it is. :mjcry:

Weird how this news comes right after I rewatched a couple eps earlier today. No matter how meh the fourth season got at times, this was such a feel good show. I'll miss it.
Yeah, I dug it but nothing lasts forever. I'll remember the good times. Favorite eps:
  • Rosie Perez with the fake baby.
  • Lady trying to get the world record for dancing the most consecutive hours.
  • The orgy that never happened.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah, I dug it but nothing lasts forever. I'll remember the good times. Favorite eps:
  • Rosie Perez with the fake baby.
  • Lady trying to get the world record for dancing the most consecutive hours.
  • The orgy that never happened.
My favorite episode and the one that hooked me onto the show was Grandpa. The episode with Gatsby the dog. :pachaha:

Low-key and from what I've noticed lately, How To with John Wilson is restoring those HM vibes. We're in good hands for now.