HBO's "Ballers" Season 2 Thread

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
This show is about absolutely nothing and really has not plot other then Spencer's pill addiction but it's great tv and every episode flies by. Charles came up with the quickness with the job and shytting on the white dude in the driveway. Gotta feeling Ricky is not going to Buffalo or New Orleans and some dark horse team will come out the blue. Vernon needs to realize how fukking lucky he is to get paid for being injured. He should be worrying about rehab and getting healthy for the next season.
you sure? i know he got his guaranteed bonus. but i thought i heard josh cribbs say on otl if you dont play you dont get paid, meaning no game check.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Yeah, I finally gave up on this last week. HBO is only renewing this because they got the biggest action star in the world on TV for 10 Sundays during the Summer on the cheap. They also got a good relationship with Marky Mark. Giving Rock's schedule, they probably filmed this whole season in about 6 weeks which is a big reason why nothing really happens. I could see if they came back this season with a whole new cast of athletes signed to the Rock's firm with each of them getting their own episode but to come back with the same 3 dudes recycling the same basic story line makes no sense if they really had a plan.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
y'all not realizing a few things here

1. they are all drinking/drunk

2. nobody had any measuring tape, so who knows if it was a true 40

3. nobody had a gun, or laser timing to see when you pass the line, to determine any of this was an actual 4.whatever

this is the equivalent of me and my boys going out front and running 100 meters with guesstimate of distance and timing it on an iphone
I realized all that breh.

:mjlol:

I was mostly laughing at them actually taking a 40 time in sand seriously. That shyt is used for training to make running harder.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I finally gave up on this last week. HBO is only renewing this because they got the biggest action star in the world on TV for 10 Sundays during the Summer on the cheap. They also got a good relationship with Marky Mark. Giving Rock's schedule, they probably filmed this whole season in about 6 weeks which is a big reason why nothing really happens. I could see if they came back this season with a whole new cast of athletes signed to the Rock's firm with each of them getting their own episode but to come back with the same 3 dudes recycling the same basic story line makes no sense if they really had a plan.

They are renewing this again wow...

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Damn the Rock just can't carry a show or movie I think thats why he needs a big name with him to make something happen.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I realized all that breh.

:mjlol:

I was mostly laughing at them actually taking a 40 time in sand seriously. That shyt is used for training to make running harder.
oh i thought you was laughing at the fact that it was so fast... posters in here talking how far fetched it is as if the characters set up an official run or something

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
y'all not realizing a few things here

1. they are all drinking/drunk

2. nobody had any measuring tape, so who knows if it was a true 40

3. nobody had a gun, or laser timing to see when you pass the line, to determine any of this was an actual 4.whatever

this is the equivalent of me and my boys going out front and running 100 meters with guesstimate of distance and timing it on an iphone

WE realized all of this. I'm just not sure the show did.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
WE realized all of this. I'm just not sure the show did.
what i'm saying is the characters knew this the entire time... they are the ones timing it drawing up the distance... they drunk and having fun... they didn't take the numbers as official or nothing.. they just on some :gladbron: cause he ran it....

not on some :blessed: like he OFFICIALLY ran it

y'all taking this show entirely too seriously... i think yall remember another entourage and not the one that was far fetched satire of what hollywood is.... this entire show is inside jokes and games not to be taken seriously at all

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
what i'm saying is the characters knew this the entire time... they are the ones timing it drawing up the distance... they drunk and having fun... they didn't take the numbers as official or nothing.. they just on some :gladbron: cause he ran it....

Nah, I think the show version of Schlereth actually adjusted his opinion on the kid because of that shyt.

I have very little love for Entourage, but it was rarely this bland. It also had the benefit of playing in a world that isn't all that well known to the public. Ballers' target audience KNOW that that shyt is absurd and they do it anyway.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

y'all taking this show entirely too seriously... i think yall remember another entourage and not the one that was far fetched satire of what hollywood is.... this entire show is inside jokes and games not to be taken seriously at all

They celebrated because he "beat" 4.6 seconds. Whether it was official or not doesn't matter; it only had to be official enough for Mack to get in Schlereth's good graces so Schlereth stops dogging him on fake ESPN and become a top 5 NFL draft pick. And I think they took it seriously because otherwise Rock wouldn't have told him to stop chugging beer before the 40 yard dash. Kid wouldn't be doing treeflips if it didn't matter either.

I had a lot of issues with Entourage, but at the very least it had Drama and Ari. It could definitely be funny sometimes. If I'm not gonna take a show seriously it has to be funny at least and Ballers just hasn't been funny this season at all. Other than the alpaca vomiting on Reggie, I can't remember laughing this season once. That's hard to do on a show with Rock, Corddry, and Denzel's son.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You might be right bruh.
no he's not right... you get paid if you are injured

but if you get injured doing NON FOOTBALL things like riding a motorcycle or playing basketball, then you don't get paid.... unless the team wants to be nice and pay you anyway

this was a big thing when T Suggs got injured and it was reported he was playig basketball... so he lied and said it was training for the season, so the team couldn't take his checks away for a non football related injury

So what if Suggs got hurt playing basketball?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Nah, I think the show version of Schlereth actually adjusted his opinion on the kid because of that shyt.

I have very little love for Entourage, but it was rarely this bland. It also had the benefit of playing in a world that isn't all that well known to the public. Ballers' target audience KNOW that that shyt is absurd and they do it anyway.

They celebrated because he "beat" 4.6 seconds. Whether it was official or not doesn't matter; it only had to be official enough for Mack to get in Schlereth's good graces so Schlereth stops dogging him on fake ESPN and become a top 5 NFL draft pick. And I think they took it seriously because otherwise Rock wouldn't have told him to stop chugging beer before the 40 yard dash. Kid wouldn't be doing treeflips if it didn't matter either.

I had a lot of issues with Entourage, but at the very least it had Drama and Ari. It could definitely be funny sometimes. If I'm not gonna take a show seriously it has to be funny at least and Ballers just hasn't been funny this season at all. Other than the alpaca vomiting on Reggie, I can't remember laughing this season once. That's hard to do on a show with Rock, Corddry, and Denzel's son.
what i'm saying is, it wasn't a real 40

it wasn't properly measured to be 40 yards, they did not have an official timer, nor start...

by official i mean all electronically synced like the nfl combine... and definitely not officially measured with any tape

they both played in the nfl (story wise) so they HAVE to know this.. they are just excited he beat their version of it.. but i highly doubt mark would take this 40 time and go broadcasting it on FAKESPN like it was some official time

now if next ep they do that.... then yea... this show is some shyt