HBO's "Ballers" Season 2 Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This shows in a sophomore slump.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and will keep watching but it's treading water and frankly is very mediocre right now.

There is really no plot, they waste time on that whole pill thing/pain thing but don't even go deeper into it. Like dude overdosing, or dude at the gym in pain nah its like it doesn't exist anymore. Spencers girl got a interview or whatever from espn, been like 2 or 3 episodes now no update :dahell:, Fat dude gets cut, so that's it? you were a damn starter cant find another 7 figure role in the nfl, but because writers are to lazy and are drawing out this ricky deciding where he's going to sign they just make dude still young for the nfl pass it up and become like a scout or assistant to teh gm or something :dahell:.

first season was dope, ricky and the wr he stole that spot, cheating onh is girl to simping, messing up time and time again, vernon etc.

now its just :snoop:

but yet ill still watch

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This shows in a sophomore slump.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and will keep watching but it's treading water and frankly is very mediocre right now.

There is really no plot, they waste time on that whole pill thing/pain thing but don't even go deeper into it. Like dude overdosing, or dude at the gym in pain nah its like it doesn't exist anymore. Spencers girl got a interview or whatever from espn, been like 2 or 3 episodes now no update :dahell:, Fat dude gets cut, so that's it? you were a damn starter cant find another 7 figure role in the nfl, but because writers are to lazy and are drawing out this ricky deciding where he's going to sign they just make dude still young for the nfl pass it up and become like a scout or assistant to teh gm or something :dahell:.

first season was dope, ricky and the wr he stole that spot, cheating onh is girl to simping, messing up time and time again, vernon etc.

now its just :snoop:

but yet ill still watch

Daps
There is really no plot, they waste time on that whole pill thing/pain thing but don't even go deeper into it. Like dude overdosing, or dude at the gym in pain nah its like it doesn't exist anymore.

Spence's medical issues and dependence on pills have been a major theme the beginning of the show. It will always be there.

Spencers girl got a interview or whatever from espn, been like 2 or 3 episodes now no update :dahell:,

They mentioned it this episode with Spence and the agent talking about if Spence could really handle a long distance relationship. His girl ain't no main character, she ain't funny, she don't need too much time on the screen by herself.

Fat dude gets cut, so that's it? you were a damn starter cant find another 7 figure role in the nfl, but because writers are to lazy and are drawing out this ricky deciding where he's going to sign they just make dude still young for the nfl pass it up and become like a scout or assistant to teh gm or something :dahell:.

He was retired last season, the Dolphins brought him out of retirement cuz their guy got injured. That's the only reason he was a starter. It's perfectly believable that other teams wouldn't be beating down his door after the Dolphins cut him. And since he just had a baby girl, it's perfectly believable he wouldn't be rushing to move to another city chasing a profession he had given up voluntarily just one season ago.

With all that said, I've never been too high on this show. I don't care about great storylines on a comedy, I just need it to be funny. It's not that funny to me.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This show is great, nikkas always criticizing. :martin:

It also a fictional television show, so there is some embellishment (ex. regarding that cac running on sand with his 40 time)

Shut up @Reinscarf :childplease:, the show is not suppose to be deep. It is only 30 minutes long.
Nikkas expecting The Wire plot lines and shyt.:pachaha:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
As someone who loved the first season, I must say that this season is bordering on trash status.

Each episode I'm wondering where :dahell: are they going with this

There are barely any compelling storylines right now. The only one that intrigues me is Spence vs. Andre.

:snooze:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
They saddled Ricky, the best non-Rock character on the show, with the worst season-long storyline in any show maybe ever. How on Earth do you make Ricky spend a WHOLE season picking to live between 3 cities? With no baggage or connection to any destination besides Miami (since he already lives there)? What is this shyt? And I'm tired of these nikkas quoting Tyrod's name like he's gonna be Warren Moon 2.0. Drop a dead body in Ricky's swimming pool or something. Switch it up, yo.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It's a trash show, BTW. The only reason we're not calling it trash outright and still watching is because it has the Rock.

Quick question: what position does that Travis Mack supposed to play? I've been thinking he's a QB this whole time because they talked about him being double covered in college. I guess he's a DL, but they really expect us to believe a guy that looks like that can run a 4.58 40 in soft sand?:mjlol:

Last edited:

keithj

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Central
Show fell off hard. I now have it on in the background when I'm doing other shyt around the crib.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
no 30 year old undersized wr is taking this long to decide where to sign

They saddled Ricky, the best non-Rock character on the show, with the worst season-long storyline in any show maybe ever. How on Earth do you make Ricky spend a WHOLE season picking to live between 3 cities? With no baggage or connection to any destination besides Miami (since he already lives there)? What is this shyt? And I'm tired of these nikkas quoting Tyrod's name like he's gonna be Warren Moon 2.0. Drop a dead body in Ricky's swimming pool or something. Switch it up, yo.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:dwillhuh:Why is nikkas acting like the first season was great tv? The show ain't never been great, or even good. I fukk with the show but if it fell off it didn't fall far. :yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
y'all not realizing a few things here

1. they are all drinking/drunk

2. nobody had any measuring tape, so who knows if it was a true 40

3. nobody had a gun, or laser timing to see when you pass the line, to determine any of this was an actual 4.whatever

this is the equivalent of me and my boys going out front and running 100 meters with guesstimate of distance and timing it on an iphone