HBO to air The Wire remastered in HD starting on December 26th

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
nvr seen the wire...might as well wait for the hd shyt to see wat all the hype is about :manny:
:dahell: How you can you regularly post on this Messageboard (and/or the old SOHH forums) and have never watched "The Wire"?

In fact, I bet they also talk about "The Wire" all the time on other black Messageboards like Boxden, OKP, & BGOL.

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
Amazon prime streaming recently updated seasons 1 and 2 to 16:9. Not sure if they're in HD though... screenshot below is 480p so I'm guessing just DVD quality

I just recently watched the series on DVD for the first time a few weeks ago and Seasons 4 and 5 looked like absolute dog shyt. I usually only watch Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray rips so I'm used to watching only HQ material but :damn: seasons 4/5 had some of the worst picture quality I've ever seen on a mainstream DVD release.

I almost wish I would have waited for the remasters but :yeshrug:. The series was amazing and now I just have a reason to watch it again

From another board:

4ZGM17T.png

yntBwAZ.png

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Amazon prime streaming recently updated seasons 1 and 2 to 16:9. Not sure if they're in HD though... screenshot below is 480p so I'm guessing just DVD quality

Watching it on Prime as we speak.

Not quite HD but it looks great!

Didn't know a 16:9 version existed.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Finally....FINALLY:blessed:

I can stop blowing my ratio on 0 day trackers cause someone upped a remuxed version of the Wire and I just have to download it for the tiniest bit of better video quality:blessed: