Essential HBO MAX Thread

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got the trial. They have some joints that aren’t on the other streaming services so that’s good but the interface sucks. They need to rework the search function too. I added a bunch of joints to my watch list but I can only access the watch list from the home page and it doesn’t even show all the titles. They definitely should make some updates.

Just finished watching Money Talks and The Fugitive. Makes no sense some of these films never made it to the other streaming services over the years

I do like the fact u can rewind/fast forward frame by frame

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Jim Lee Confirms DC Universe Original Content to Migrate to HBO Max

Jim Lee Confirms DC Universe Original Content to Migrate to HBO Max
Following the shakeup at WarnerMedia, DC Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee confirmed DC Universe's original content is going to HBO Max.

By Jon Arvedon 2 hours ago

DC Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee has shed some light on the future of DC Universe following the major shakeup at WarnerMedia, confirming that the streaming platform's original content will shift to HBO Max.

"The original content that is on DCU is migrating to HBO Max," Lee told THR. "Truthfully, that’s the best platform for that content. The amount of content you get, not just DC , but generally from WarnerMedia, is huge and it’s the best value proposition, if I’m allowed to use that marketing term. We feel that is the place for that."

However, while the original content may be going away, Lee made it clear that there's still a place for DC Universe under the WarnerMedia umbrella. "In regards to the community and experience that DCU created, and all the backlist content, something like 20.000 to 25,000 different titles, and the way it connected with fans 24-7, there is always going to be a need for that," he said. "So we’re excited to transform it and we’ll have more news on what that will look like. It’s definitely not going away."

On Aug. 10, WarnerMedia laid off over 800 employees as part of a major restructuring effort, with DC Entertainment and DC Universe suffering significant casualties.

This latest news about DC Universe's future also comes nearly one month after it was announced that the service would no longer offer yearly subscriptions.

Aside from Stargirl, which is moving to The CW for Season 2, DC Universe's current slate of original programs includes Titans, Doom Patrol (which is currently shared between DC Universe and HBO Max), Young Justice and Harley Quinn.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
can't they just put all the DC video content on Max and make DCU a comic streaming platform....shyt do it with Boomerang too...put that shyt under Max

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
can't they just put all the DC video content on Max and make DCU a comic streaming platform....shyt do it with Boomerang too...put that shyt under Max

not that simple. the streaming deals are sometime per service not company. so dc universe has rights not ATT

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Then nicca, let's nab Oprah :bustback:

That was one of the ones I HAD seen.

By now, my binge is already caught up to the 2nd season.
I have to admit, some of the old episodes that I missed the first time don't really hold up as well if you're seeing them for the first time in 2020. For example, most of the references in the "Pimp My Ride" refer to things that I barely even remember anymore. But one thing that I DO appreciate after watching the episodes in order is all the callbacks. Every time you see the car after that episode it still has that paint job.

The other thing that I'll admit I never picked up on the first time through (starting from the 2nd season) is that Ed Wuncler Sr. is a bad guy doing stereotypical TV villain plots. He's doing the old "old West Evil Developer real estate scam" in The Itis and the old "Manager takes advantage of a young stupid artist scam" in the Lemonade episode.